East Prairie Metis Settlement
|East Prairie Metis Settlement|
|• Chair||Gerald Cunningham|
|• Governing body||East Prairie Metis Council|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
East Prairie Metis Settlement is a Metis settlement in northern Alberta, Canada within the Municipal District of Big Lakes. It is located approximately 20 km (12 mi) south of Highway 2 and 168 km (104 mi) east of Grande Prairie. It was founded in 1939.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, East Prairie had a population of 366 living in 106 of its 135 total dwellings, a 4% change from its 2006 population of 352. With a land area of 333.87 km2 (128.91 sq mi), it had a population density of 1.0962/km2 (2.839/sq mi) in 2011.
The population of the East Prairie Metis Settlement according to its 2009 municipal census is 906.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. February 13, 2015. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2012-11-05. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- Federation of Metis Settlement (1979). East Prairie Metis, 1939-1979: 40 Years of Determination. Edmonton. p. 1. ISBN 0-88925-055-3.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "2010 Official Population List". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
|This Northern Alberta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|