Eastern Economic Corridor
The proposed Eastern Economic Corridor of India would originate from Paradip port in Odisha province, passes through Jharkhand province, can possible have an auxiliary loop through Chhatishgarh Province and would terminate at Integarted Check Post(ICP), Raxaul in Bihar province on India-Nepal border. This corridor would also link up with North South Fast Track Corridor of Nepal.Beyond Nepal it would be linked to China through Tibet. Portion of this corridor in Bihar lies along Asian Highways 42 and Trans Asian Rail Network.
The route of this proposed Eastern Economic Corridor of India would follow a North South alignment with a number of major road and rail routes forming its spurs. Spurs would connect to trunk route following a fishbone configuration.
- This project will touch upon life of over 300 million people in states like Bihar, Eastern UP, Nepal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Orissa and to a lesser extent the people in Eastern MP, North Eastern Region and even Tibet in future. This will open up the entire region to the world.
- This Project will effectively have over 75% of India’s major mineral resources in its feeder zone including almost 84% of India's Coal reserve and over 93% of India's iron ore reserve. Proposed corridor will help in efficient movement of these minerals.
- Most of the metal producing centers and many of the thermal power plants, cement plants will be effectively supported by the infrastructure created in the corridor and will expand faster.
- This corridor will link up two important international tourism circuits of India viz, Buddhist circuit in Bihar and Bhuvaneshwar-Konark-Puri-Chilka Lake circuit in Odisha.
- It will help develop linkages with Chinese economy overtime, which is, de facto, emerging as the new economic superpower. Such linkage between Indian & Chinese economy, with their likely emergence as the two largest economies, will have beneficial impact on the economy of the entire region.
- Thus, this corridor would be a potential trade route between China and India through Nepal.
- Demand for Eastern Economic Corridor by Dy CM Bihar
- Bihar Government Press Release on Eastern Economic Corridor
- Pardip–Chaudhawar-Rourkela Industrial Corridor planned by Odisha
- Pardip–Chaudhawar-Rourkela Industrial Corridor propsal by Odisha
- Recommendation by PM's Task Force on Bihar
- North South Fast Corridor planned by Nepal
- Jharkhand Governments Plan for Kodarma-Barhi-Ranchi-Jamshedpur Industrial Corridor
- Jharkhand Government's proposal
- Industrial Rail Corridor Proposed by Chhatishgarh
- Demand for Vizag port access by Nepal
- Demand for port access by Nepal
- Expressway planned along Eastern Economic Corridor by Government of India
- Rail link proposed by China to Kathmandu
- Rail route map planned for Nepal by China
- Raxaul-Kathmandu rail link proposal by Nepal
- Birgunj Trade Hub in Nepal
- GAIL pipeline proposal
- GAIL FRU proposal for Dhamara