Eastern High School (Washington, D.C.)
|Eastern High School|
The Pride Of Capitol Hill
|1700 East Capitol Street NE
|School district||District of Columbia Public Schools|
|NCES School ID||110003000078|
|Faculty||36.00 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.78:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Metro Stop||Stadium Armory|
Eastern High School is a public high school located in Washington, D.C.. It educates about 350 students in grades 9 to 10. Eastern High School was a part of the DCPS restructuring project. The school is expecting 1500 students in 2014 into their college ready program. This will make Eastern the 2nd biggest high school in DCPS after Wilson leading with over 1500 students. The school is part of District of Columbia Public Schools. Eastern High was founded in 1890 as the Capitol Hill High School was later relocated and rebuilt in the collegiate gothic style and renamed Eastern Senior High School.
- Dave Chappelle, actor and comedian.
- Vince Colbert, former MLB player (Cleveland Indians)
- Franklin McCain (1959), civil rights activist and member of the Greensboro Four
- James Ratiff, former college basketball standout (Howard)
- Dennis Southern, U.S. Treasury Dept. (retired)
- Gary G. Coleman, CMSgt, U.S. Air Force (retired), Command Chief, United States Air Forces Europe
- "Eastern Shs. National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 7, 2011. "Total Students: 352 (2009-2010)"
- "Replace or Modernize? The Future of the District of Columbia's Endangered Old and Historic Public Schools: Eastern Senior High School". 21st Century School Fund. May 2001. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Langer, Emily (2014-01-13). "Franklin McCain, who helped inspire sit-ins for civil rights as part of Greensboro Four, dies". Washington Post. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
|This Washington, D.C. school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|