Eastern Military District
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (November 2011)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
|Eastern Military District
Восточный военный округ
Headquarters of the Eastern Military District in Khabarovsk, April 2012
|Founded||October 21, 2010|
|Part of||Armed Forces of the Russian Federation|
|Headquarters||Serysheva 15, Khabarovsk|
|Admiral Konstantin Sidenko|
The Eastern Military District (Russian: Восточный военный округ) is one of the four operational strategic commands of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. The district was formed in Presidential Decree №1144 signed on September 20, 2010. It absorbed the territories of the former Far East Military District and part of the former Siberian Military District with headquarters at Khabarovsk.
The federal subjects that are part of the district include Buryatia, the Sakha Republic, the Zabaykalsky Krai, the Kamchatka Krai, the Primorsky Krai, the Khabarovsk Krai, the Amur Oblast, the Magadan Oblast, the Sakhalin Oblast, the Jewish Autonomous Oblast and the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug.
Admiral Konstantin Sidenko is its commanding officer while the District Chief of Staff is Major General Anatoly Sidorov.
Profile of the commanding officer
Admiral Konstantin Sidenko is the former commander of the Pacific Fleet. He graduated from the Makarov Pacific Higher Naval School (1970–1975), the Supreme Special Officer Classes of the Soviet Navy (1982–1983), the Marshal Grechko Naval Academy (1987–1989), and the General Staff Academy (1992–1994).
He served within a ship's operations department (BCh-3) (1975–1981), senior assistant to the submarine commander (1981–1982), the submarine crew commander, submarine commander(1983–1987), deputy commander (1989–1992), commander (1994–1996) 45th submarine flotilla. During his command of the 45th Submarine flotilla, he was promoted to kontr-admiral (one star) (05.05. 1995). His next post was chief of staff of the 2nd Submarine squadron (11. 1996 -05.1998), Chief of Staff of the 16th submarine task group (05.1998-08.1999), chief of staff (08.1999-06.2000), Commander (06.2000-12.2001) Northeastern Group of Troops and Forces. During his command of the NEGTF, he was promoted to vitze-admiral (two stars) (09.06. 2001. Chief of Staff of the Pacific Fleet (05.12. 2001-06.05.2006), commander of the Baltic Fleet (06.05.2006-06.12.2007) Commander Pacific Fleet (06.12.2007-29.10.2010). He was promoted to Vice-Admiral on 12.06. 2010.
On 29 October 2010, he was named the first commander of the Eastern Military District. He was promoted to Admiral soon after.
- 29th Army (Chita)
- 36th Army (Ulan-Ude)
- 5th Separate Guards Tank Тацинская Red Banner Order of Suvorov Brigade (г. Улан-Удэ, ст. Дивизионная)
- 37-я отдельная гвардейская мотострелковая Донская Будапештская Краснознаменная ордена Красной Звезды бригада (г. Кяхта)
- 227-я БХиРВТ (ст. Дивизионная);
- 35th Army (Amur Oblast)
- 5th Army (Ussuriysk)
- 9 motor-rifle brigades
- 1 tank brigade
- 1 covering brigade (actually a Fortified Region, at Ленинское in the Jewish Autonomous Oblast)
- Two Russian Airborne Troops brigades, (11th Separate Air Assault Brigade, Buryatia), 83rd Separate Air Assault Brigade (Ussurijsk) From October 21, 2013 are under the operational control of the commander of the Airborne Troops.
- 1 Naval Infantry Brigade
- 18th Machine Gun Artillery Division (See Defence of the Kuril Islands)
- Three anti-aircraft brigade (inc 71st Srednebeloye, 140th Telemba, 8th Razdolnoe)
- seven bases for storage of weapons and equipment
- three bases for storage and repair of artillery
Air and Air Defence Forces
- 3rd Air and Air Defence Forces Command
- Aviation of the Pacific Fleet