From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eastern Mongols and "Eastern Mongolia" may refer to:
- Eastern part of Northern Yuan Dynasty:
- Barga Mongols
- Southern Mongols
- Khalkha Mongols, their sub-ethic groups such as Darkhad, Sartuul Khalkha and Eljigin Khalkha.Today the eastern part was divided into three groups:
- Eastern Mongols or Central Mongols; Eastern Mongolia or Central Mongolia: Khalkha Mongols, the Khalkha Mongolian sub-ethic groups such as Darkhad, Dariganga, Sartuul Khalkha and Eljigin Khalkha
- Northern Mongols; Northern Mongolia: Buryat and Barga.The Buryats attempted to rename Republic of Buryatia to "Republic of Northern Mongolia".
- Southern Mongols; Southern Mongolia.The term "Inner Mongolia" and "Inner Mongols" created by Qing Empire.
- Khorchin, a subgroup of the Mongols that speak the Khorchin subdialect of Southern Mongolian and predominantly live in the southeastern Inner Mongolia.But the Khorchins are sub-ethnic group of the Southern Mongols.
- Demographics of Mongolia
- Demographics of China
- Demographics of Russia
- Historical population of Mongols
- List of medieval Mongolian tribes and clans
- List of Mongolian monarchs
- Mongols in China
- Outer Mongolia
- Upper Mongols