Eastriggs railway station
|Remains of the station in 1991|
|Area||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Original company||Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Glasgow and South Western Railway|
|23 August 1848||Opened as Dornock|
|2 January 1865||Re-opened|
|1 May 1923||Renamed Eastriggs|
|6 December 1965||Closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Dumfries and Galloway Council are trying to find funding to reopen the station.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2008)|
The station opened 23 August 1848. Six years later it was closed for a period of 11 years, from October 1854 until 2 January 1865. It was renamed as Eastriggs by the London Midland and Scottish Railway on 1 May 1923.
The station closed on 6 December 1965, although the line through the station is still open.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
Line and station open
|Glasgow and South Western Railway
Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway
Line open; station closed
- Butt 1995, p. 81
- Butt 1995, p. 88
- "New Dumfries and Galloway railway station funds pursued". Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway