Eastwood railway station
|Newcastle & Central Coast Line|
|Distance from Central Station||21.39 km|
|Altitude (above sea level)||68 m|
|Types of stopping trains||Suburban all stops
|Number of platforms||4|
|Number of tracks||4|
|Platform arrangement||2 island|
|Type of station||Ground|
Eastwood railway station is located on the Main North railway line in the suburb of Eastwood in the northern suburbs of Sydney, Australia. It is serviced by suburban trains of the Sydney Trains North Shore, Northern & Western Line and is a stop for NSW TrainLink Intercity services on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line.
The station opened on 17 September 1886 on the single track line, named 'Dundas'. It was renamed Eastwood on 1 September 1887. The line through Eastwood was subsequently duplicated and has since been quadruplicated. In 2004 the platforms were extended towards Epping to allow 8-car Intercity trains to service the platforms.
Accessibility and exits
The two island platforms are connected to a subway by stairs, which is reachable from West Parade (on the western side of the station) at ground level, and from East Parade (on the eastern side of the station) via a ramp. The station subway also has access for non-paying members of the public, although this was separated from the station concourse by a fence. In February 2007, this fence has been fully removed to allow construction of smartcard readers for the new TCard system and as part of a refurbishment/renovation of the entire station. Eastwood has Easy Access for wheelchairs created as part of the refurbishment/renovation.
On 8 March 2006 it was revealed by the local state member of Parliament, Mr Andrew Tink, that asbestos fibre had been disturbed by contractors working in the roof of the ticketing office at the station. They were installing cabling for the TCard integrated ticketing project. The station offices were temporarily closed and replaced by a temporary booking office in the station carpark. No reason for the office closure had been given to the public who use the station prior to this announcement.
Platforms and services
The station is served by four trains per hour each way, with additional trains during weekday peak hours. It is also served by half hourly Intercity trains express to Central via Strathfield, as well as one train per hour to Gosford or Wyong via Epping and one train per hour to Newcastle via Epping.
|1||Central Coast & Newcastle Line||Intercity services to Central (i) via Strathfield|
|2||all stations to Strathfield, Central and North Sydney via City, then Chatswood and beyond.|
|4||Central Coast & Newcastle Line||Intercity services to Gosford, Wyong and Newcastle via Epping|
Eastwood serves as a major interchange for bus services within the area. Currently, all buses serving this interchange are run by Sydney Buses.
Services along Railway Parade (eastern exit)
- 545 - continued from Parramatta towards Chatswood Railway Station via Marsfield, Macquarie Centre, Macquarie Park and Chatswood West. Services run seven days a week.
- 550 - continued from Parramatta towards Chatswood Railway Station via Marsfield, Macquarie Centre and Chatswood West. Services run Mondays to Fridays on school days only.
- 551 - Marsfield (Busaco Road) via Vimera Road. Services run Mondays to Fridays on school days only.
NightRide runs the following route via Eastwood railway station:
Service along West Parade (western exit)
- 515 - Sydney CBD via West Ryde, Gladesville, Drummoyne and Rozelle. X15 services follow the 515 route and come from the City. Services run seven days a week.
- 521 - Parramatta Railway Station via Mobbs Lane, Dundas and Rydalmere. Services run Mondays to Saturdays.
- 541 - Epping Railway Station. Services run Mondays to Fridays only.
- 543 - West Ryde Railway Station via Denistone West. Services run Mondays to Fridays on school days only.
- 544 - continued from Auburn towards Macquarie Centre via Marsfield. Services run Mondays to Saturdays Only
- 544 - continued from Macquarie Centre towards Auburn Railway Station via Ermington, Newington and Silverwater. Services run Mondays to Saturdays Only
- 545 - continued from Chatswood towards Parramatta Railway Station via Dundas Valley. Services run seven days a week.
- 550 - continued from Chatswood towards Parramatta Railway Station via Dundas (Kissing Point Road). Services run Mondays to Fridays on school days only.
|Preceding station||Sydney Trains||Following station|
|Preceding station||NSW TrainLink||Following station|
|Newcastle and Central Coast Line||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eastwood railway station, Sydney.|