|Founder(s)||Niall & Faith MacArthur|
|Owner(s)||Niall & Faith MacArthur 45%
Penta Capital 45%
|Parent||Eat 2008 Limited|
|References: Registration No. 06522686|
The first shop was opened in October 1996 in Villiers Street, London, next to Charing Cross railway station. Owned and run by couple Niall and Faith MacArthur, the company is similar to Pret a Manger insofar as all the produce is freshly made. Eat say they donate their unsold food to charities and hostels.
The business, previously owned by Penta Capital, was bought by Lyceum Capital (a private equity company) in March 2011.
Annual sales were £68 million in 2008 and approximately £100 million in 2012. The 2012 profit was £2.7 million.
- "Niall and Faith MacArthur". The Sunday Times. April 26, 2009.
- Bridge, Rachel (January 15, 2006). "From rugs to riches for healthy eating tycoon". The Sunday Times.
- Hiscott, Graham (21 November 2012). "EAT ready to take it away: sarnie chain expansion starts". Daily Mirror. p. 40.
- "Bread winners". The Independent. 29 February 2004.
- Bold, Ben (21 November 2012). "Eat opens Strand concept store". Marketing Magazine. Retrieved 2012-11-22.