Eating London Tours
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2014)|
Eating London Tours - Official Logo
|Culinary Tourism, Italy|
|Products||Culinary walking tours|
Eating London Tours offers a walking tour in the East End neighborhood of London. The company was started in 2011 by Kenny Dunn—a Philadelphia native and former UN World Food Program Officer. Kenny moved to Europe in 2008 and started his first food tour venture in Rome, Italy. Eating Italy Food Tours was launched. After two years, the company expanded into the East End of London.
Eating London Food Tours has received international coverage and has been featured in The Huffington Post, the British food Magazine Olive, Germany’s Spotlight Magazine, South Africa's Business Day newspaper, AFAR travel magazine, the American Travel Magazine as well as various smaller publications and blogs. The tour is ranked among the top 10 of all things to do in London on TripAdvisor.
Eating London Food Tours offers a 3.5 hour walking tour through the East End, an area that used to be one of the poorest in London but has now been regenerated and revived into a diverse neighborhood now known for its history, street art, nightlife and food culture. The tour comprises eight different food tastings from traditional English food classics including ‘Poppies Fish and Chips’ winner of the National Fish and Chip awards 2014, as well as a visit to ‘St. John Bread & Wine’ for the award winning bacon sarnie as voted by The Evening Standard and The Londonist. The tour also visits cultural sites, Spitalfields market, historical buildings, architecture, a Jewish synagogue and local street art.
Eating London Tours offers tours 6 days a week and is soon to launch a tour in Spanish.
- "4 London Tours You Don't Already Know About". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Morrow, Madeleine. "A Tour of London's Weird and Tasty". Business Day. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Things to do in London". TripAdvisor. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "The National Fish & Chip Awards 2014 National Award Winners". The National Fish and Chip Awards. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Urwin, Rosamund. "London's Best Bacon Sandwiches". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Browners. "Sandwichist – Bacon Sandwich at St. John Bread and Wine". The Londonist. Retrieved 30 September 2010.