|Dr. rer. oec. Eberhard Detloff Zahn|
|Born||2 January 1910
|Died||7 February 2010
St. Wolfgang am See, Austria
|Years of service||1939–1945|
|Commands held||Panzer-Regiment 9|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Dr. rer. oec. Eberhard Detloff Zahn[Note 1] (2 January 1910 – 7 February 2010) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Zahn served under Erwin Rommel in North Africa and was on one of the few planes leaving North Africa that was not shot down. He then fought on the Eastern Front. Eberhard Zahn was captured by Soviet troops in May 1945 and escaped a few weeks later. He traveled to the west until he encountered US forces and surrendered to them.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1939)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Panzer Badge in Silver
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Medaglia d'Argento al Valore Militare (17 August 1942)
- Ärmelband Afrika
- In German a Doctor of Economics is abbreviated as Dr. rer. oec. (Doctor rerum oeconomicarum).
- Thomas 1998, p. 467.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 368.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 59.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 3-7648-2300-3.