January 28, 1962 |
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Other names||Ebony Ayers, Ebony Eyes, Cocoa, Taffy|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|No. of adult films||178|
Ebony Ayes is an American former adult model and pornographic actress. With Jeannie Pepper and Heather Hunter, Ayes was among the first African-American women to "cross over" into mainstream porn video.
Ayes began her film career in 1985. From 1987 to 1989, the period during which she was most active, Ayes made more than 110 original films — 56 in 1988 alone — but by the early 1990s she was appearing in fewer than 5 films a year. Ayes' last sexual performance in an original film was in 1994.
Beside her film appearances, Ayes was a model in men's magazines. She was especially popular in magazines featuring large-breasted women, such as D-Cup, Score, and Juggs. Ayes was also featured in magazines that cater to Black men, such as Players and Black Tail.
During the mid-1990s, Ayes wrote a column, "Sex Talk with Ebony Ayes" for Black Tail.
Ayes retired from the adult entertainment industry during the early 2000s.
- Patrick Riley (1999). The X-Rated Videotape Star Index III: A Guide to Your Favorite Adult Film Stars. Amherst, New York: Prometheus Books. pp. 234–235. ISBN 1-57392-689-2.
- Mireille Miller-Young, "Hardcore Desire: Black Women Laboring in Porn — Is It Just Another Job?", Colorlines Magazine: Race, Action, Culture, Winter 2005.
- See, for example, Black Tail, September 1994, at pp. 65–67.
- Goddess Ebony Ayes, archived as of June 12, 2002 at the Wayback Machine.
- See, for example, Black Tail, April 1994.
- Ebony Ayes at the Internet Movie Database
- Ebony Ayes at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Ebony Ayes at the Adult Film Database
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|