|Birth name||Ebru Yaşar|
August 8, 1978 |
TV Show Host
She is of Kurdish descent. In 1995 Ebru Yaşar was 17 when she released her debut album "Bu Sahilde" (On this Beach). That year, she won the Female Singer of the Year Award of Turkish Magazine Journalists Association. In 1999, with the aid of Ibrahim Tatlises, she released the album "Seni Anan Benim Için Doğurmuş". The title track from this album was incredibly popular (sold more than 1 million records) and won Ebru Yaşar awards in the 6th Kral TV Video Music Awards Competition. After another 4 years, in 2003 she released the album "Aşkımız Buraya Kadar" which embodied hit songs such as "Aşkımız Buraya Kadar", Yeminim Var" and "O Değil". In 2006 summer, Ebru Yaşar released the long awaited album "Yeşillenirim". The album was immensely popular, the best selling of all her albums. The song "Yeşillenirim" was played for weeks on end on Turkish TV and radio stations.
At the end of 2008, a new album was lunched. "Seviyorum Seni", the album was in a duet with Ismail YK and It was considered as a Major hit in Turkish pop music. In 2011 she released the Delidir album, where she sang in Turkish, Kurdish, and Arabic.
- Bu Sahilde (Çaçan Müzik 1995)
- Sevenler Ölmez (Çaçan Müzik 1997)
- Seni Anan Benim İçin Doğurmuş (İdobay 1999)
- Aşkımız Buraya Kadar (İdobay 2003)
- Yeşillenirim (Erol Köse 2006)
- Seviyorum Seni (Avrupa Müzik 2008)
- Delidir (2011)
The popular music channel Kral airs Ebru's own show called "Uzun Geceler" every Thursday at 20.30
- Ben zaten Kürt kökenliyim. Kürtçe konuşamasam da, ailemde Kürtçe konuşmaların içinde büyüdüm. ("Ebru Yaşar ile dobra dobra", Sabah, 2 July 2011.)