From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ecclesia, ecclesiae, or ekklesia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ecclesia (Greek: ἐκκλησία ekklēsia) may refer to:
- Ecclesia (ancient Athens) or Ekklēsia, the principal assembly of ancient Athens during its Golden Age
- Ekklesia (think tank), a British think tank examining the role of religion in public life
- Ecclesia College, a four-year Christian work college in Springdale, Arkansas
- Ekklesia Project, an ecumenical Christian network to promote a more active and God-centered faith
- Qahal or Ekklesia, a theocratic organisational structure in ancient Israelite society
- Ecclesia Dei, a statement or motu proprio issued by Pope John Paul II in 1988
- Ecclesiae Regimen, a church reformation declaration against the Church of England of the Late Middle Ages
- Ecclesia and Synagoga, a pair of figures personifying the Roman Catholic Church and the Jewish synagogue found in medieval Christian art
- Church militant and church triumphant (ecclesia militans, ecclesia triumphans), Christians who are living on earth and those who are in heaven
- Mater Ecclesiae, a monastery inside Vatican City
- Mother Church (Latin Mater Ecclesiae), a reference to the Roman Catholic Church, or to other Christian churches or movements
- Nea Ekklesia, a church built by Byzantine Emperor Basil I the Macedonian in Constantinople between the years 876–80
- Christian Church, the whole Christian religious tradition throughout history
- Congregation is a large gathering of people, often for the purpose of worship.
- In the sociological classifications of religious movements, a religion less pervasive in a society than a church but more so than a sect
- Ekklesia (album), a 2008 album by For Today
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, a 2008 Nintendo DS video game
- Mount Ecclesia, nature grounds in Oceanside, California with the international headquarters of The Rosicrucian Fellowship
- The bi-annual international convention and governing body of the Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta
- Ecclesia Catholica (disambiguation)
- Ecclesiastes (disambiguation)
- Ad Universalis Ecclesiae, an 1862 papal constitution by Pope Pius IX dealing with the conditions for admission to Catholic religious orders
- Advocatus Ecclesiae, lay persons of noble birth who defended a particular church or monastery during the Middle Ages
- De triumphis ecclesiae, a Latin epic written c. 1250 by Johannes de Garlandia
- Ecclesiam a Jesu Christo, a Papal constitution promulgated by Pius VII in 1821
- Ecclesiam Suam, a 1964 encyclical of Pope Paul VI on the Catholic Church
- Ex Corde Ecclesiae, a 1990 apostolic constitution written by Pope John Paul II regarding Catholic colleges and universities
- Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, a Latin phrase meaning "Outside the Church there is no salvation"
- Fasti Ecclesiae Scoticanae, a list of ministers from the Established Church of Scotland
- Fabrica ecclesiae, a Roman Catholic Latin term for the funds necessary for the construction of a church
- Lamentatio sanctae matris ecclesiae Constantinopolitanae, a motet by the Renaissance composer Guillaume Dufay
- Libertas ecclesiae, emancipation from ecclesiastical authority, which guided the movement of Reform begun in the 11th century
- Ordinarium Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae, a document that established a voting procedure for the papal conclave
- Regimini militantis Ecclesiae, a papal bull promulgated by Pope Paul III in 1540 establishing the Jesuits
- Universalis Ecclesiae, an 1850 bull of Pope Pius IX that recreated the Roman Catholic hierarchy in England
- All pages with titles containing "Ecclesia"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.