||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
Chernik at the 2011 New York Comic Con.
|Birth name||Heather McKinney|
August 30, 1973 |
|Alma mater||Pratt Institute|
|Works||Mage: The Ascension
Vampire: The Masquerade
Echo Chernik (born August 30, 1973 as Heather McKinney) is an American Art Nouveau artist. Her motif is an art nouveau/jugendstil influenced style, with elaborate decorative borders, women (or pin-up girls) with flowing and entwining hair, sometimes accompanied by elaborate typography.
Chernik was born in Ellington, Connecticut. She graduated summa cum laude from Pratt Institute in 1995 with a BFA in Communication Design | Illustration. She is a mainstream advertising and publishing illustrator, best known for advertisements and poster design.
Chernik's early work included interior black and white illustrations for mainstream game companies such as FanPro (Shadowrun), White Wolf Game Studios, Wizards of the Coast and Chaosium. The earliest influences of art nouveau can be found in her works for Mage: The Ascension, developed by Phil Brucato, and Vampire: The Masquerade.
Moving into the mainstream advertising and publishing world, Chernik has worked on campaigns for Camel Cigarettes, Miller Brewing Company, Keystone (beer brand), DeKuyper Liquors, Gran Centenario Plata, Hype Manufacturing (Nascar), Disney, Regal Cinemas, The State of Illinois Tourism, The City of New Orleans - Mardi Gras logo, Sears, Rocket Dog Shoes, Trek Bicycle Corporation - (Commemorating Lance Armstrong's 5th Consecutive Le Tour de France win). Publishing houses include: Random House Publishers; Penguin Books, whose titles include The Unicorn Chronicles and Color Your own Tarot; and Llewellyn Worldwide (cover art for a Silver Ravenwolf series, among others). Chernik's contributions to music promotion include designing Arlo Guthrie's 40th Anniversary Alice's Restaurant Massacree tour poster, displayed in 2005 at Carnegie Hall; and illustrating a poster for the Dave Matthews Band.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2012)|
- USPS Frank Sinatra POP display materials 2009
- Miller Mardi Gras 2010 Hispanic Heritage Month Posters
- Bellagio Las Vegas 2009 New Year's Eve Invitation
- Keystone Light advertising Illustration
- Publix brand Hula Hula Macadamia Nut Ice Cream
- Marzetti Otria Brand Illustrations
- Celestial Seasonings Green Tea Collection (10 boxes)
- Shadowrun WAR!, Almanac and Attitude Cover Art
- Connecticut Opera 2007-8 Season
- Tour Poster for Alice's Restaurant 40th Anniversary Tour | Arlo Guthrie
- Tour Poster for Dave Matthews Band
- Rocket Dog Shoes Campaign Poster
- Hype Manufacturing Posters for Nascar
- Trek Bicycle Corporation Poster Commemorating Lance Armstrong
- Mardi Gras Poster for Miller Brewing Company
- Official Mardi Gras Logo design for the City of New Orleans
- Illinois Tourism poster celebrating Illinois Wine
- Alphonse Mucha - A major influence in Echo's early works.
- David Goines - Contemporary, influential poster designer.
- Holland, Mary-Beth (2005-04-11). "Echo Chernik". Member Spotlights. The Alternative Pick. Retrieved 2007-02-07.
- "Pen & Paper Art Gallery - Echo Chernik". Art Gallery. Pen & Paper. Retrieved 2007-02-07.
- "RPG Database - Heather McKinney Chernik". Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- "Artist: Echo-x". Member profiles. ONE·MODEL·PLACE. 2006-11-16. Retrieved 2007-02-07.
- Case Study: Echo Chernik Photoshop Creative Magazine ; Issue 28 pp 24–25
- The Luminary Illustrations of Echo Chernik TalentSpeaks feature article; Author: AJ West; March 2007
- Artpreneurship Author: Ghahramani, Adam; Published: Velegant Media LLC May 2007; Editor: Rogers, Brett D.; pp. 127–131
- Hearing Echo Author: Kozkis, Bob; Summer 2004 South Florida issue; Published: Create Magazine issue #6; Editor: Brown, Jerry; Article: pp. 66–68
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Echo Chernik.|