|Members||Marc Burford, Dan Bowman, Dan Morriss, Mike Burford|
The band refer to themselves as "the DIY band" and deliberately avoided attention from major labels. Drummer Mike Burford explained "We realised we were going to have to do everything ourselves because we were not going to get straight away the major label backing and financial help".
After obtaining a grassroots following, the band attracted the attention of Killing Joke bassist and producer Martin Glover (Youth). Glover invited the band to his studio in Spain, where he produced their debut album, Collective in 2013. Their debut single, "Unstable" was a top 200 hit on US college radio.
The band have a strong DIY ethic, and produce their own videos, releasing them on YouTube, and photos on Instagram. The band have since toured the UK and Ireland, including an appearance at the Blissfields Festival in Winchester.
- Collective (2013)
- Murray, Robin (22 February 2013). "Echotape Prepare Debut Album". Clash Magazine. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Barnes, Angela (12 October 2013). "Digital Boom divides music industry". Sky News. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Echotape to release debut album “Collective”". Rogue Magazine. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Live Music Events - Echotape". The Bedford, Balham. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Langford-Foster, Katie. "LaunchBox: Echotape". Fortitude Magazine. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Echotape". Blissfields. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
|This indie rock band-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|