|The Eclipse Foundation|
|Executive Director||Mike Milinkovich|
The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that acts as the steward of Eclipse, an open source community focused on "building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes for building, deploying and managing software across the lifecycle." The most well-known of the Eclipse projects is the Eclipse platform, a multilanguage software development environment and IDE.
The Eclipse Foundation's stated aim is to "cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services." It is considered a 'third generation' open-source organisation.
In 2003–2004 the Eclipse Consortium, an consortium of software industry vendors, founded The Eclipse Foundation, a not-for-profit legal entity to lead and develop Eclipse.
Each strategic member has a representative on the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors allowing them direct influence over the strategic direction of Eclipse. Strategic members also have a seat on the various Eclipse Councils providing input and influence over the themes and priorities of the Eclipse Ecosystem.
There are approximately 190 members of the Eclipse Foundation representing most regions of the world, and many industries and technology segments.
- "Eclipse Forms Independent Organization". Press Release. Retrieved 2004-02-04.
- "About the Eclipse Foundation". The Eclipse Foundation. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- François Letellier (2008), Open Source Software: the Role of Nonprofits in Federating Business and Innovation Ecosystems, AFME 2008.
- "Strategic Members". Web Listing. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Google becomes strategic member of the Eclipse Foundation". Online Article. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "All Eclipse Foundation Members". Web Listing. Retrieved 2008-07-29.
- Kerner, Sean Michael (2006-06-26). "Eclipse's 'Callisto' Onslaught". internetnews.com.
- Kerner, Sean Michael (2006-09-05). "Eclipse Adoption on The Rise". internetnews.com.
- Kerner, Sean Michael (2006-11-08). "Five Years On: The Future of Eclipse". internetnews.com.
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|