|Parent company||Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Lexington, Kentucky|
Blood-Horse Publications is an American multimedia publishing house focused on horse-related magazines headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. It began in 1916 through its flagship magazine, The Blood-Horse. Since 1961, Blood-Horse Publications has been owned by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, a non-profit organization that promotes Thoroughbred racing and breeding. According to the company, Blood-Horse has subscribers from over 80 countries worldwide. and according to ESPN is the thoroughbred industry's most-respected trade publication.
Publisher & CEO:
- Marla Bickel
Board of Trustees:
- Stuart S. Janney III - Chairman
- G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. - Vice Chairman
- Antony Beck
- D. G. Van Clief, Jr.
Their book-publishing arm is Eclipse Press. They also distribute a mail-order catalog of horse-related items, called Exclusively Equine that offers publications such as the Kentucky Derby Souvenir Magazine and Commemorative Collector's Issues and run several websites.
Products and Services
- ExclusivelyEquine.com, division of Blood-Horse Publications Retrieved February 19, 2012
- ESPN - August 5, 2003 Retrieved February 19, 2012
- Eclipse Press
- Blood-Horse Publications publications, products, and services list
- "Stallion Register Online". Bloodhorse.com. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- "The Blood-Horse Source". Bloodhorse.com. Retrieved 2012-05-21.