Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Daron Acemoğlu|
Econometrica is a peer-reviewed academic journal of economics, publishing articles in many areas of economics, especially econometrics. It is published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Econometric Society. The current editor-in-chief is Daron Acemoğlu (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
Econometrica was established in 1933. Its first editor was Ragnar Frisch, recipient of the first Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1969, who served as an editor from 1933 to 1954. Although Econometrica is currently published entirely in English, the first few issues also contained scientific articles written in French.
The Econometric Society aims to attract high-quality applied work in economics for publication in Econometrica through the Frisch Medal. This prize is awarded every two years for an empirical or theoretical applied article published in Econometrica during the past five years.
- Pratt, J. W. (1964). "Risk Aversion in the Small and in the Large". Econometrica 32 (1–2): 122–136. JSTOR 1913738.
- Kahneman, Daniel; Tversky, Amos (1979). "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk". Econometrica 47 (2): 263–291. doi:10.2307/1914185. JSTOR 102307/1914185.
- Sims, Christopher A. (1980). "Macroeconomics and Reality". Econometrica 48 (1): 1–48. JSTOR 1912017.
- White, Halbert (1980). "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity". Econometrica 48 (4): 817–838. doi:10.2307/1912934. JSTOR 1912934.
- Engle, Robert F. (1982). "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation". Econometrica 50 (4): 987–1007. JSTOR 1912773.
- Kydland, Finn E.; Prescott, Edward C. (1982). "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations". Econometrica 50 (6): 1345–1370. JSTOR 1913386.
- Engle, Robert F.; Granger, C. W. J. (1987). "Co-Integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing". Econometrica 55 (2): 251–276. JSTOR 1913236.
- Aghion, Philippe; Howitt, Peter (1992). "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction". Econometrica 60 (2): 323–351. JSTOR 2951599.
- Melitz, Marc J. (2003). "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity". Econometrica 71 (6): 1695–1725. doi:10.1111/1468-0262.00467.