Ed Buller (born Edmund Buller 9 August 1962 in Surrey) is an English record producer and former musician. He has primarily worked with English bands like Suede, Pulp, The Raincoats and The Courteeners.
Buller first became interested in music after his father, composer John Buller, took him to see Stravinsky's ballet, The Rite of Spring, at the age of 6. As a teenager, he joined the Psychedelic Furs as a keyboard player and toured with them for several years. After leaving the band, he took up record production, moving his way up through London studios and eventually became the in-house engineer for Island Records. During this time, he achieved three number one albums, a Mercury award, and a Brit award nomination for best producer. In 1995, he worked with Flood, Gary Stout and Dave Bessell on Node; an analog-synth heavy project that produced a single album, Node.
In 1998, Ed moved to California and studied composition and orchestration at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. He currently lives in London, England. He has recently worked with British bands White Lies, The Courteeners, The Cheek and One Night Only, recording in Brussels, as well as the March 2013 Suede comeback album Bloodsports
Studio Album Production Credits
- 2013: White Lies - Big TV (Producer & Engineer)
- 2013: Suede - Bloodsports (Producer & Engineer)
- 2010: The Courteeners - Falcon (Producer)
- 2010: One Night Only - One Night Only (Producer & Engineer)
- 2009: White Lies - To Lose My Life... (Producer & Engineer)a
- 2007: Martino Conspiracy - Hope in Isolation (Engineer)
- 2005: Alex Lloyd - Alex Lloyd (Producer, Engineer & Mixer)
- 2005: t.A.T.u. - Dangerous and Moving (Producer)
- 2003: Steve Burns - Songs for Dustmites (Producer & Engineer)
- 2001: Eskimo Joe - Girl (Producer & Engineer)
- 2001: Outerstar - Outerstar (Mixer & Engineer)
- 2001: Stabbing Westward - Stabbing Westward (Producer & Engineer)
- 2000: The Superjesus - Jet Age (Producer & Engineer)
- 2000: Tinfed - Tried And True (Producer & Engineer)
- 1999: Alex Lloyd - Black The Sun (Producer & Engineer)
- 1999: Ben Lee - Breathing Tornados (Producer & Engineer)
- 1999: Justin Clayton - Limb (Mixer)
- 1997: Suede - Coming Up (Producer & Mixer)a
- 1997: Closer - Don’t Walk (Producer & Engineer)
- 1997: Gravity Kills - Manipulated (Mixer)
- 1996: Raincoats - Looking in the Shadows (Producer & Engineer)
- 1994: Suede - Dog Man Star (Producer & Mixer)c
- 1994: Pulp - His 'n' Hers (Producer & Mixer)
- 1993: Slowdive - Souvlaki (Mixer)
- 1993: Suede - Suede (Producer & Mixer)ab
- 1992: Boo Radleys - Everything's Alright Forever (Producer & Engineer)
- 1992: Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies (Producer & Engineer)
- 1988: Jim Capaldi - Some Come Running (Engineer & Mixer)
http://www.mcdman.com/buller.html In the 1990s he was also contracted to work with a band called ' That Uncertain Feeling'. This was a band signed to the ' Dead Dead Good ' record label, whose other roster was ' The Charlatans ' as managed by Steve Harrison. The Edge when to number 2 position in the Billboard College Charts and was featured on BBC Radio 1.
- Ed Buller video interview
- Sound on Sound: Zero Crossing Interview with Ed Buller and Gary Stout on Node project.
Ed Buller produced ' The Edge' ( Alderley Edge )by 'That Uncertain Feeling' Ed, thanks for producing ' The Edge ' felicitations, Andrew.