Ed J. Pinegar
Ed Jolley Pinegar (born 1935) is a Latter-day Saint author, educator and leader. His books include Look to the Temple, Raising the Bar, and several works dealing with the study of the Book of Mormon. Many of his books were written with LDS author Richard J. Allen. With Rodger Dean Duncan, Pinegar is co-author of the book Leadership for Saints.
Pinegar received a bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University (BYU) and a degree in dentistry from the University of Southern California. He is married to Patricia P. Pinegar, a former general president of the LDS Church's Primary organization, and they are the parents of eight children.
Pinegar has served in the LDS Church as a bishop (twice), the first president of the BYU 20th Stake from 1999 to 2004, a stake patriarch, on the general board of the church's Young Men organization, as president of the England London South Mission, and as president of the Provo Missionary Training Center (1988–1991). He has also been director of the Orem Institute of Religion, a religion professor at BYU, and a seminary teacher.
- "About Ed J. Pinegar", deseretbook.com, accessed 2008-04-12.
- Rodger Dean Duncan and Ed J. Pinegar, "Leadership for Saints, Part 15: Planning the Work, Working the Plan", ldsmag.com, accessed 2008-04-12.
- Church News, October 20, 1999.[full citation needed]
- Church News, March 19, 1988.[full citation needed]
- Deseret News | Reader comments: Emotional farewell: Pres. Faust praised at funeral for his wisdom, compassion and love
- Church News, June 6, 2009.[full citation needed]