||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
His musical career started as vocalist of the hard rock band Kabbalah. though his first album was with the band Conexao Japeri in 1988. In 1990, Motta departed to begin his solo career, recording his debut Um Contrato Com Deus, where he played almost all the instruments by himself. Since then he has released several solo albums. In 1997 he supplied to the soundtrack to the film, Pequeno Dicionário Amoroso (The Book of Love).
His album Aystelum was nominated for the Latin Grammy Awards of 2006 in the Latin jazz category.
A noted record collector, Motta has over 30,000 records.
- Conexao Japeri (WEA) 1988
- Um Contrato Com Deus (WEA) 1990
- Entre e Ouça (WEA) 1992
- Ao Vivo (live) (WEA) 1993
- Manual Pratico Para Festas, Bailes E Afins, Vol.1 (Universal) 1997
- As Segundas Intenções (Universal) 2000
- Dwitza (Universal) 2002
- Piquenique (Trama) 2002
- Poptical (Trama) 2003
- Aystelum 2005
- Ao Vivo (live) (Trama) 2006
- Chapter 9 (Trama) 2008
- AOR (Dwitza) 2013