July 20, 1979
Monroe, Michigan, USA
Early life and career
Swiderski was born in Monroe, Michigan and attended Erie-Mason High School. While attending Michigan State University, he began working as a technology intern at Voyager.net. After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management, Swiderski went on to work in a variety of capacities throughout the technology industry including NuSoft, Magenic, and Microsoft. Currently, he operates Kambio Group with Jess Loren, a technology company that assists businesses, and speaks at media and technology conferences throughout the country.
Education technology nonprofit
Swiderski co-founded the non-profit Global Education Open Technology Foundation GEOTF, which promotes open standards in education that improves the quality of life of underprivileged students around the world.
Swiderski appeared as a contestant in the fifth season of the ABC reality show The Bachelorette. He left the competition on episode 5 to focus on his job with Microsoft, but returned on episode 7. Swiderski went on to win the competition, and became engaged to Bachelorette Jillian Harris. The couple split in 2010. He then went on to compete on season 3 of Bachelor Pad.
After The Bachelorette, Swiderski continued to be in the public eye, appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Entertainment Tonight. Currently, Swiderski blogs for ChicagoNow, and assists at SocialTechPop with Loren and Justin DiSandro.
- "Ed Swiderski Wins". ABC News. Retrieved July 10, 2009.
- "Kambio Group". Kambio. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "GEOTF". GEOTF. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Wiser, Paige. "Ed Leaves the Show". Chicago SunTimes. Retrieved June 10, 2009.
- "Ed Wins". Hollywood. Retrieved July 27, 2009.
- "Ed and Jillian Split". Tv Guide. Retrieved 2010.
- "Ed on Ellen". Warner Bros. Retrieved 2009.
- "Ed or Alive". ChicagoNow. Retrieved 2011.
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|