From 1967 to 2003 it was called the ABC theatre. The theatre is known for varied entertainment, ranging from comedy to musical shows.
The theatre premiered on 3 September 1942 at a different venue. It turned out that the theater auditorium was too small, and in 1945 moved to St. Olav's place. Einar Schanke took over the premises in 1967, and the theater changed its name to the ABC theater. The theater, however, retained its traditions under Schanke's management. In 1992 Schanke died, and Tom Sterri, Ketil Aamodt and Anders Moland took over.
In 1999 the theatre was destroyed by a powerful explosion. A real estate company that owned a nearby hotel purchased the property. The company committed itself at the same time to rebuild the theatre. In autumn 2003, reconstruction had finished, and the theatre was renamed to its original name, Edderkoppen. The new building has 600 seats and offers entertainment, dining and accommodation all in the same building. It is also a popular venue for conferences, events, etc. Knud Dahl is the current executive director of the theatre.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2010)|
- 2003: På nett med byen
- 2004: På nett med byen
- 2004: Joe Labero: Expect the unexpected
- 2004: Elling og Kjell Bjarne
- 2004: 80-tallet Beat for beat
- 2004: No e dde jul igjen
- 2005: På rad og rike
- 2005: Boogie Nights
- 2005: Raske Menn: The Fast Show
- 2005: Tommy og Jan Werner - The Show
- 2005: No e dde jul igjen
- 2006: Raske Menn: The Fast Show
- 2006: Ladies Night
- 2006: Ole Paus og Lill Lindfors: En juleforestilling
- 2006: A merry little christmas
- 2007: Ladies Night
- 2007: Hair
- 2007: Bettan og Bøfjerdingan
- 2007: Dansefeber sceneshow
- 2007: Fanget på nettet
- 2007: Ylvis III
- 2008: Sound of Music
- Knut Helle (ed.). "Norge - Teater". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- Bak kulissene St.meld. nr. 32 (2007-2008) 220.127.116.11
|This article about a Norwegian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|