|Full name||Edward Stephen Hutchinson|
|Date of birth||23 February 1982|
|Place of birth||Kingston upon Thames, London, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2012–2014||Havant & Waterlooville||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 June 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Edward Stephen "Eddie" Hutchinson (born 23 February 1982) is a professional footballer currently playing for Maidenhead United in the Conference South. Hutchinson is a combative, energetic central midfield player. He is the twin brother of Kingstonian centre back Tom Hutchinson.
Hutchinson started out at non-League Sutton United, before leaving to join Brentford as an eighteen-year old. The player spent six years at Griffin Park, clocking up in excess of a century of league appearances. Hutchinson was not a regular scorer during his time at Brentford, but did score in a fifth-round FA Cup tie against Premier League Southampton in March 2005. Despite opening the scoring, Brentford went on to lose the match 3–1.
Upon being released by Brentford, the player attracted interest from various clubs. Hutchinson ultimately signed up with Oxford United, spending three years at the Kassam Stadium. Whilst at Oxford, Hutchinson made seventy-two league appearances, thirty of which were from the substitutes bench. The midfielder fell out of the favour during his last season at Oxford, being placed on the transfer list midway through the campaign. Hutchinson was also inadvertently embroiled in controversy during his final season at Oxford. The club were deducted five points for playing Hutchinson although the player had not been adequately registered.
Upon leaving Oxford United, Hutchinson signed for Crawley Town. He was a mainstay in the first-team throughout his first season at Crawley, appearing in thirty-eight league games, scoring his first goal for the Red Devils on only his second appearance for the club against Forest Green Rovers.
- "Brentford 1–3 Southampton". BBC Sport. 1 March 2005. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Clubs chase Hutchinson signature". BBC Sport. 2 July 2006. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Hutchinson joins U's". BBC Sport. 4 July 2006. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Hutchinson transfer-listed". BBC Sport. 12 December 2008. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Oxford deducted five points". BBC Sport. 12 January 2009. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Hutchinson departs Oxford". BBC Sport. 28 April 2009. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Crawley complete triple capture". BBC Sport. 26 May 2009. Retrieved 26 May 2009.
- "Crawley 3–1 Forest Green". BBC Sport. 11 August 2009. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Eastbourne Borough sign Hutchinson, Walker and Norwood". BBC Sport. 31 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "... And One Departs". Eastbourne Borough F.C. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.