June 25, 1992 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
|Event(s)||110 metres hurdles|
|Achievements and titles|
110H: 13.43 (Russia 2013)
|Updated on 20 December 2014.|
Lovett won a gold medal in the 110 metres hurdles at the 2011 Pan American Junior Athletics Championships in Miramar, Florida. He set a new championship records with 13.14 sec, a significant improvement to the previous record of 13.45, set in 2005 by Dayron Robles. It is the second fastest time ever by a junior hurdler, behind only Wayne Davis (13.08 sec).
A native of Miami, Florida, Lovett attended Palm Beach Lakes Community High School in West Palm Beach, Florida, where he also was a highly touted football prospect, playing wide receiver and defensive back. However, he broke his arm early into his senior season, effectively ending his football career. He headed to UF on a track scholarship instead.
At the 2010 Florida Class 3A state meet, he ran 13.46 in the 110 m hurdles and broke a state record originally established by Philip Riley (13.59 s) of Orlando-Jones High School in 1990. He was an All-USA high school track and field team selection by USA Today in July 2010. Eddie Lovett is also a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, having joined at Zeta Kappa chapter at the University of Florida.
- 100 m: 10.51 s (wind: +1.3 m/s) – Gainesville, Florida, 4 April 2014
- 110 m hurdles: 13.39 s (wind: +0.6 m/s) – Greensboro, North Carolina, 25 May 2013
- 60 m: 6.77 s – Lincoln, Nebraska, 1 February 2013
- 60 m hurdles: 7.50 s – Fayetteville, Arkansas, 9 March 2013
|Representing the United States|
|2011||Pan American Junior Championships||Miramar, Florida, United States||1st||110m hurdles (99.0cm)||13.14 (wind: +1.6 m/s)|
|2012||NACAC Under-23 Championships||Irapuato, México||4th||110m hurdles||13.58 (wind: +1.8 m/s)|
|Representing the United States Virgin Islands|
|2013||Universiade||Kazan, Russia||1st||110m hurdles||13.43 (wind: +1.7 m/s)|
|9th (h)||4x100m relay||40.48|
|World Championships||Moscow, Russia||17th (h)||110m hurdles||13.52 (wind: +0.5 m/s)|
|2014||NACAC Under-23 Championships||Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada||1st||110m hurdles||13.39 w (wind: +2.1 m/s)|
|Pan American Sports Festival||Ciudad de México, México||3rd||110m hurdles||13.62 A (wind: -0.1m/s)|
|Central American and Caribbean Games||Xalapa, México||4th||110m hurdles||13.79 A (wind: +0.7 m/s)|
- "UF's Lovett Wins In Record Time At Pan American Junior Championships". WCTV. July 25, 2011.
- "Palm Beach Lakes WR Eddie Lovett out for regular season". Palm Beach Post. October 7, 2009.
- "Palm Beach Lakes’ Eddie Lovett headed to Florida on a track scholarship". Palm Beach Post. May 13, 2010.
- "All-USA high school track and field teams". USA Today. July 22, 2010.
- Eddie Lovett profile at IAAF
- DyeStat profile for Eddie Lovett
- Florida Gator bio
- Recruiting Profile at Rivals.com
- Tilastopaja biography
|This biographical article about an American hurdler is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|