Eddie Lucio III
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2008)|
|Eddie Lucio, III|
|Member of the Texas House of Representatives
from the 38th district
December 19, 1978 |
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
Lucio was born and raised in Brownsville, Texas. He attended Texas Tech University on an athletic scholarship. He later received a B.B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin. In 2005, he received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law.
In 2006, he was elected to the Texas House of Representatives and was overwhelmingly re-elected in 2008, 2010, and 2012. Rep. Lucio represents District 38, which is composed of the southwest region of Cameron County. He is a long-time supporter of U.S. President Barack H. Obama.
Rep. Lucio III serves as the chairman of Budget Oversight for the Environmental Regulation Committee.
Representative Lucio III is the son of State Senator and Mrs. Eddie Lucio, Jr. He is married to Mrs. Jaime Lucio of Brownsville. Representative Lucio is currently an attorney in South Texas with the firm of Rodriguez & Nicolas.
- "State Rep. Eddie Lucio III". texastribune.org. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- Texas House of Representatives - Eddie Lucio III official TX House website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Eddie Lucio III (TX) profile
- Follow the Money - Eddie Lucio III
- 2006 campaign contributions
- Generational Lines Reveal a Split in Texas Family's Vote
- Eddie Lucio III's Myspace Profile