||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (February 2013)|
|Full name||Edward William Nolan|
|Date of birth||5 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Waterford, Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2007||→ Stockport County (loan)||4||(0)|
|2007||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||11||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Preston North End (loan)||3||(0)|
|2009–2011||Preston North End||37||(0)|
|2010||→ Sheffield Wednesday (loan)||14||(1)|
|2010||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||22||(0)|
|2006–||Republic of Ireland U21||12||(0)|
|2008–||Republic of Ireland B||1||(0)|
|2009–||Republic of Ireland||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:00, 25 October 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Waterford,played all his schoolboy football with Waterford Bohemians F.C. Nolan began his career with English side Blackburn Rovers, having impressed in his first season at Blackburn Rovers's youth team, he became a regular member of the reserve squad in his second season. Nolan made his full debut in the UEFA Cup tie against AS Nancy on 13 December 2006, coming on as a substitute for Andy Todd.
On 6 October 2008 he joined Preston North End on a three-month loan deal. Nolan signed a permanent three-and-a-half-year contract on 2 January 2009. He has made 23 appearances in total (3 as a substitute) mainly filling in at left-back as cover for Callum Davidson.
On 7 July 2010, he joined Scunthorpe United on an initial 6-month loan with a view to a permanent deal. He made his debut for Scunthorpe in a 2–1 win over Reading on 7 August 2010. The deal was made permanent on 6 January 2011, until the end of the season, for an undisclosed fee.
He was released by the club in May 2012.
On 8 February 2013, Scunthorpe United re-signed Nolan, until the end of the season, on non-contract terms.
He has been capped for his country at all levels and he also captained the under-21 team. He has also played in a 'B' team game against Nottingham Forest. On 7 February 2009, he received his first call-up to the full senior team to play Georgia on 11 February 2009.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/02/2010 and 28/02/2010" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 4 July 2010.
- "Preston sign Nolan from Blackburn". http://news.bbc.co.uk. 7 October 2008. Retrieved 7 October 2008.
- "Preston make Nolan deal permanent". http://news.bbc.co.uk. 2 January 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2009.
- "Scunthorpe United sign Preston North End's Eddie Nolan". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 6 January 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Cliff Byrne heads Scunthorpe United departures". BBC. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Nolan Called Up For Senior Ireland Squad". http://www.pnefc.net. 11 February 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2009.