||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
November 25, 1973 |
Spring, Texas, United States
|Occupation||Actor, producer, screenwriter, director|
Eddie Steeples (born November 25, 1973) is an American actor known for his roles as the "Rubberband Man" in an advertising campaign for OfficeMax, and as Darnell "Crabman" Turner on the NBC sitcom My Name Is Earl.
Eddie Steeples was born and raised in Spring, Texas, and was the oldest of eight children. His mother was an evangelist and his stepfather a preacher. By the age of four, he knew that he wanted to be an actor. He spoke of it so often, that his mother was prepared for the blow when, at the age of 18, he confirmed his plans. After graduating from Klein Oak High School in 1992, Steeples moved to Santa Cruz, where he took acting classes at a community college and sought fame and a starring role opposite Tom Cruise. When the Cruise co-starring role didn’t happen, Steeples moved eastward, making a stop at the St. Louis Black Repertory Theatre and another pit stop at Howard University in D.C. to hone his craft, before finally landing in New York City. There Steeples joined the experimental film group Mo-Freek, and a hip hop group, No Surrender. Among the Mo-Freek productions he has frished in are Lost in the Bush, Caravan Summer, and People Are Dead. He also starred in the short film Whoa and appeared as a guest on The Chris Rock Show.
Steeples became nationally known when he was cast as the "Rubberband Man" in a series of award-winning commercials for OfficeMax. He has also appeared in the feature film "Torque," starring Ice Cube, Faison Love, and Jaime Pressly.
Steeples appeared in the film Akeelah and the Bee, starring Laurence Fishburne and Angela Bassett, released in April 2006. An independent film written and directed by Steeples, entitled Robbers, is now in post-production.
Steeples played the role of Darnell Turner on the NBC comedy series My Name Is Earl, which premiered on September 20, 2005 and ran for four seasons. Steeples on the show was known as Darnell Turner(witness protection name) aka Harry Monroe(real name) aka "Crab Man".
- Whoa (2001) as P.
- People Are Dead (2002) as Cop #2
- Torque (film) (2004) as Rasan
- The Best of Robbers (2006)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006) as Josh (uncredited)
- Akeelah and the Bee (2006) as Derrick-T
- The Lost (2006) as Stevie-Ray
- Roman (film) (2006) as Detective
- When Is Tomorrow (2007) as Ron
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007) as Saeed the Prosthetic Tech
- Reel Life (2009)
- Legs (2011) as 'Legs' Johnson
- Zombie Apocalypse (2011) as "Billy"
- Home Alone 5: The Holiday Heist (2012) as Hughes
- My Name Is Earl (2005–2009) as Darnell Turner
- Raising Hope (2010) on episode S01E15 as Tyler the Gas Man / arcade manager/PizzaMan
- Eddie Steeples at the Internet Movie Database
- Eddie Steeples' talks about his tattoos at Inked Magazine