|Full name||Eddy Mazzoleni|
July 29, 1973 |
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (150 lb)|
|Rider type||Climbing specialist|
|Giro del Venete (2005)
Tour de Suisse, 1 stage
Tour de Romandie, 1 stage
|Infobox last updated on
July 17, 2007
He currently lives in Almenno San Bartolomeo, Italy. Mazzoleni is a talented climber and was a higher finisher on the General Classification in the 2005 Tour de France, notably he finished 3rd on stage 16 to Pau. He also finished 3rd overall in the 2007 Giro d'Italia behind 1st place winner Danilo Di Luca and 2nd place Andy Schleck. His brother in-law is Ivan Basso. Mazzoleni left Astana on July 16, 2007, following implication in the Italian Oil for Drugs case. On April 8, 2008 Mazzoleni was given a two-year suspension due to his involvement in this case.
- 1st Giro del Veneto 2005
- 3rd overall, Giro d'Italia 2007
- "Eddy Mazzoleni Profile". Yahoo! Sport UK. Yahoo! UK Limited. 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-22.
- Gronemann, Lars Trap Friis (2006-04-22). "Eddy Mazzoleni - Italy". trap-friis.dk. Retrieved 2006-06-22.
- "Mazzoleni reveals Astana departure". CNN.com. 2007-07-16. Retrieved 2007-07-17.[dead link]
- "Mazzoleni gets two year ban". Cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "French Senate releases positive EPO cases from 1998 Tour de France".
|This biographical article relating to Italian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|