Façade of the Eddystone
|Location||100-118 Sproat Street
|NRHP Reference #||06000588|
|Added to NRHP||July 12, 2006|
The Eddystone is one of three hotels on Park Avenue designed by Louis Kamper for Lew Tuller; the other two are the Royal Palm at 2305 Park Avenue and the former Park Avenue Hotel at 2643 Park Avenue (across Sproat from the Eddystone). All three are on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 2005, plans to convert the Eddystone into 60 condominiums with street-level retail space were announced by Michigan Governor Jennifer M. Granholm. In August 2010, work was being carried out on the site to secure the lower floors of the building by bricking up the windows.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- Eric J. Hill, John Gallagher, American Institute of Architects Detroit Chapter, AIA Detroit, Wayne State University Press, 2002, ISBN 0-8143-3120-3, ISBN 978-0-8143-3120-0, p. 60
- Royal Palm Hotel from the State of Michigan
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Governor Announces Support to Revamp Historic Eddystone Hotel in Detroit, July 15, 2005
- Updates on the state of the Eddystone Hotel, DetroitYES forums