Eddystone Rocks (South Shetland Islands)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Eddystone Rocks (Antarctica))
Location of Rugged Island in the South Shetland Islands.
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
The rocks are centred at The Pointers and 4.73 km (2.94 mi) west-northwest of Cape Sheffield, Rugged Island (British mapping in 1821, 1822, 1933 and 1968, French in 1937, Argentine in 1946, 1957 and 1980, Chilean in 1971, and Bulgarian in 2009).which is 3.54 km (2.2 mi) west-southwest of
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- Chart of South Shetland including Coronation Island, &c. from the exploration of the sloop Dove in the years 1821 and 1822 by George Powell Commander of the same. Scale ca. 1:200000. London: Laurie, 1822.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
|This South Shetland Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|