|Former type||Subsidiary of Atari, SA|
|Fate||Shuttered by Atari, SA|
|Defunct||2013 (possibly reopened in 2014)|
|Key people||David Nadal, Managing director|
|Products||Test Drive series
Eden Games (known as Eden Studios until 2003) was a game development studio. In May 2002, the company was sold to the Infogrames Group. It is most well known for the V-Rally series of games, as well as the 2006 release Test Drive Unlimited. They have most recently developed Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was released in February 2011 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The company was a wholly owned subsidiary of Atari, SA before Atari, SA shut down the company in 2013. However, the company seems to have re-opened in 2014, and is looking for jobs for a "sport car game," possibly meaning the revival of the Test Drive series.
as Eden Studios
- 1998 - V-Rally (PlayStation, Nintendo 64, PC, Game Boy)
- 1999 - V-Rally 2 (PlayStation, Dreamcast, PC)
- 2000 - Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (PlayStation, PC)
- 2002 - V-Rally 3 (Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, Game Boy Advance)
as Eden Games
- 2003 - Kya: Dark Lineage (PlayStation 2)
- 2004 - Titeuf : Mega Compet (PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance, PC)
- 2006 - Test Drive Unlimited (Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable)
- 2008 - Alone in the Dark (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC)
- 2011 - Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC)
Citing massive layoffs, game developers at Eden Games went on a one day strike on May 11, 2011. 51 of the 80 employees were set to be fired by parent company Atari prompting workers to go on strike and present a list of demands to Atari's management. Their demands were to speak with Jim Wilson, the CEO of Atari (Eden Games' parent company), to negotiate the scheduled layoffs, to be paid the same amount as a worker at Atari, and to have more general clarity in the financial side of the business.
- "Rock Paper Shotgun". Rock Paper Shotgun. May 11, 2011. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|