|Full name||Edgar Junior Çani|
|Date of birth||22 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Tirana, Albania|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Ascoli (loan)||24||(4)|
|2009||→ Padova (loan)||19||(2)|
|2010||→ Piacenza (loan)||14||(6)|
|2010–2011||→ Modena (loan)||34||(5)|
|2013||→ Carpi (loan)||13||(1)|
|2014||→ Bari (loan)||17||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
- 1 Career
- 2 International career
- 3 Career statistics
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Palermo & loans on Serie B teams
After playing the first half of the 2007–08 season with Pescara in Serie C1, on 31 January 2008 Palermo confirmed to have signed him from Pescara. along with Luca Di Matteo for €600,000 and €500,000 respectively. In June 2008 Pescara made a discount for both players, which was sold for €450,000 each.
On July 2008, Ascoli confirmed to have signed Çani on loan from Palermo for the 2008–09 Serie B season. With Ascoli he scored 4 goals in 24 appearances, were most of them as a starter. Ascoli finished the Serie B 2008–09 season ranking in the 16th position.
2009–10 season with Padova & Piacenza
He left Padova in January 2010 to be loaned out to another fellow Serie B team Piacenza, for the rest of the season. He made his debut with Piacenza by scoring two goals in a 3–1 win over Triestina at their home, were after the home team Treiestina opened the scoring with Marcello Cottafava in the 10th minute, Çani scored between 9 minutes in the second-half of the match, respectively in the 55th and in the 64th to return the result from behind, were the last goal was scored by Davide Moscardelli a minute before the end in the 89th minute. He managed to score another 4 goals with Piacenza, finishing with a total of 6 goals in 14 appearances.
After his loan move to Piacenza expired at the end of the season, he was sent out on loan again to Modena, another Serie B club, on July 2010. He scored twice in the victory 2–1 against Vicenza coming from behind of the first half. He finished the 2010–11 Serie B season with 34 appearances for Modena and scoring 5 goals.
The following year he moved to Polonia Warsaw outright. In Polonia Warsaw, Çani got into a conflict with the club's owner as well as the coach and the team. Already in January 2012 he began to look for a potential new employer, but in the end decided to sign a new 3-year contract with Polonia. In the Summer of 2012, for three months he refused to return to Poland after holidays in Italy and missed the team's training camps. After returning, he played irregularly, until he allegedly had an argument with the coach and was moved to the youth academy team. His move to Catania was considered controversial, by the Polish media, as he was considered to be still technically a Polonia Warsaw player until 2015.
Catania and loans
After had interrupted his contract with Polonia Warzawa, Çani made his return in the Serie A, signing on 22 January 2013 for Catania a 3-years contract until 2016. He made it his debut on 3 March 2013 against Inter, coming on as a substitute in place of Gonzalo Bergessio in the 85th minute, also booked just a minute after came in with a yellow card, as Catania lost against Inter 2–3.
He was sent out on loan to Carpi F.C. in the Serie B on 23 July 2013. He meet another fellow Albanian player Ledian Memushaj, also on loan at Carpi from Lecce. He made his debut in 11 August 2013 against Reggina, a match valid for the Coppa Italia - 2nd round finished in the loss 1–0, were Çani played the full 90-minutes match. League debut came on 24 August 2013 against Ternana, finished in the 1–0 loss with Çani playing a full 90-minutes match. Çani scored his first goal with Carpi on 21 September 2013 against Cesena, were he came in as a substitute in the 77th minute in place of Alessandro Sgrigna and scored 10 minutes after in the 87th minute, were the match finished in the 4–1 loss.
In January 2014 he was loaned to A.S. Bari until 30 June 2014. He made his debut on 1 February 2014 against Brescia coming on as a substitute in the 84th minute in place of Stefano Sabelli, were the match finished in the loss 2-1. He registered the first match in the starting line-up on 22 March 2014 against Crotone finished in the goalless draw, were Çani played the full 90-minutes. Second match as a starter came on 26 April 2014 against Padova finished in the 1–2 victory were he got substituted off in the 62nd minute for João Silva. Çani unlocked with Bari on 13 May 2014, scoring in the match against Carpi, his previous team before coming at Bari, were he included in the starting line up and scored just 2 minutes after the kick-off and the match finished in the away victory 1–2. On 30 May 2014 Çani scored twice in a super victory 4–1 of Bari against Novara in a closing match of the regular season 2013–14 Serie B, where Bari came from 0–1 behind, with Çani scoring the equalising goal in the 62nd minute, only 6 minutes after he came in as a substitute, and the second goal scored in the 74th minute. Bari finished the regular season positioning in the 7th place and they included in the 6 teams which advanced in the play-off promotion spot for the Serie A were they shorted to play against Crotone for the quarter-finals.
Bari played against Crotone on 3 June 2014 and won it with the 0–3 result, were Çani played the full 90-minutes. With this victory Bari advanced to the semi-finals, were they faced Latina in to the two-legged match. Çani scored a goal in the first leg match, played on 8 June 2014 and finished in the 2–2 draw, where Crotone took first advantage after an own-goal scored by the Bari's defender Diego Polenta in the 22nd minute and where Çani scored then an temporary equalising goal in the 67th minute with a header, continuing with João Silva scoring in the 79th minute to give Bari's advantage and in the 90th minute Stefan Ristovski scored to fix the 2–2 result. The second-leg match played on 12 June 2014 brought a similar result of 2–2, were Çani played the full 90-minutes match. With an aggregate 4–4 draw, Latina then advanced in to the final as the higher placed team of the regular season, as they finished in 3rd place and Bari in 7th place.
Return to Catania for the Serie B
After finished loans to Carpi and Bari he returned to Catania for the 2014–15 Serie B season. He wasn't included to the team for the opening match of Catania against Virtus Lanciano, but returned playing as a starter in the 2nd match on 7 September 2014 against Pro Vercelli finished in the 3–2 loss. In the 7th game week between Catania and Frosinone on 4 October 2014, Çani came in by substituting Sebastián Leto in the 68th minute and after 5 minutes of play he were sent-off by receiving an red card. As soon as he made his suspendion, on 25 October 2014 Çani scored his first goal for Catania in a 3–1 victory against Vicenza valid for the 10th game week of the 2014–15 Serie B. On 6 December 2014 he scored a goal and gave assist in dramatic equalizer 2–2 which his team took in the away match against Bologna. After 2 game weeks he scored again, this time in another 2–2 draw against Brescia, where he scored the opening goal by a header in the 6th minute.
In February 2011 Çani expressed to the Albanian media that it is his dream to be part of the Albania national football team. The dream came true a year later, as he called up for the match against Georgia on 29 February 2012 by the coach Gianni De Biasi. His debut brought his first international goal as well, as he scored the opening goal only 2 minutes after the kick-off and the match finished in the 2–1 loss.
2014 FIFA World Cup qualification
In the opening match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Cyprus, Çani came in as a substitute in the 81st minute in place of Hamdi Salihi and scored in the 84th minute after a cross from Jahmir Hyka, a goal which successed by Erjon Bogdani and decided the result as a 3–1 win. In the 3rd match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Iceland he scored an equaliser goal of 1–1 after an assist by Alban Meha, but his goal wasn't enough as Iceland scored another one, ending the match in the 1–2 loss by Albania.
|Season||Club||League country||League||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|Total Serie B clubs, on loan from Palermo||90||15||2||1||0||0||92||16|
|Albania national team |
- Scores and results list Albania's goal tally first.
|1.||29 February 2012||Mikheil Meskhi Stadium, Tbilisi||Georgia||1–0||1–2||Friendly|
|2.||7 September 2012||Qemal Stafa Stadium, Tirana||Cyprus||2–1||3–1||2014 World Cup qualifier|
|3.||12 October 2012||Qemal Stafa Stadium, Tirana||Iceland||1–1||1–2||2014 World Cup qualifier|
|4.||26 March 2013||Qemal Stafa Stadium, Tirana||Lithuania||2–0||4–1||Friendly|
- "Scheda anagrafica di Edgar Junior Cani" (in Italian). AIC.Football.it. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- "Edgar Çani" (in Italian). Pescara Calcio. Retrieved 31 January 2008.
- "Cani, l’albanese-gol pronto a diventare italiano" (in Italian). Il Centro. 15 December 2007. Archived from the original on 30 April 2008. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- "UFFICIALE: Edgar Cani al Palermo" (in Italian). TuttoMercatoWeb. 31 January 2008. Retrieved 31 January 2008.
- US Città di Palermo Report and Accounts on 30 June 2008 (Italian)
- "Palermo e Atalanta sono già in vacanza" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 27 April 2008. Retrieved 27 April 2008.
- "Presentati i nuovi acquisti: c’è anche Edgar Cani" (in Italian). Ascoli Calcio 1898. 16 July 2008. Retrieved 16 July 2008.
- "Çani in prestito al Padova" (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 20 August 2009. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- "Edgar Çani al Piacenza" (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- Triestina vs. Piacenza - 30 January 2010 - Soccerway
- "MOVIMENTI IN USCITA DEL PALERMO" (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 22 July 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- Modena vs. Vicenza - 13 November 2010 - Soccerway
- "Edgar Çani przejdzie testy" (in Polish). Polonia Warszawa. 13 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "MOVIMENTI IN USCITA" [OUTGOING TRANSFER MOVEMENTS] (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Cani nigdzie się nie wybiera. Podpisał nowy kontrakt z Polonią
- Zyrtare: Edgar Çani te Katania - Sporti Shqiptar Online - Sporti Shqiptar Online
- Catania vs. Internazionale - 3 March 2013 - Soccerway
- UFFICIALE: Carpi, in prestito c'è Cani del Catania - Catania - TMW
- Reggina vs. Carpi - 11 August 2013 - Soccerway
- Ternana vs. Carpi - 24 August 2013 - Soccerway
- Cesena vs. Carpi - 21 September 2013 - Soccerway
- Panorama-sport (1 February 2014). "Salihi ne Izrael, Cani huazohet te Bari". Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Brescia vs. Bari - 1 February 2014 - Soccerway
- Crotone vs. Bari - 22 March 2014 - Soccerway
- Padova vs. Bari - 26 April 2014 - Soccerway
- Carpi vs. Bari - 13 May 2014 - Soccerway
- Edgar Çani shënon pas tetë muajsh Panorama Sport
- Bari vs. Novara - 30 May 2014 - Soccerway
- ""Shpërthen" Çani, bën dopietë në fitoren e Barit". Panorama Sport. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Tables - Serie B - Italy - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway
- Summary - Serie B - Italy - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway
- Crotone vs. Bari - 3 June 2014 - Soccerway
- "Edgar Çani s’ndalet, mban gjallë Barin". Panorama Sport. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Bari vs. Latina - 8 June 2014 - Soccerway
- Latina vs. Bari - 11 June 2014 - Soccerway
- Catania vs. Virtus Lanciano - 30 August 2014 - Soccerway
- Pro Vercelli vs. Catania - 7 September 2014 - Soccerway
- Frosinone vs. Catania - 4 October 2014 - Soccerway
- Catania vs. Vicenza - 25 October 2014 - Soccerway
- "Ngjallet" Edgar Çani shënon në barazimin dramatik të Catania-s (video) aSport.info
- Edgar Çani shënon përsëri (video) aSport.info
- "Edgar Çani,Shqiperi dua te luaj me ty!". Albaniasoccer.com.
- De Biasi me risi Gazeta Express (2012-02-24)
- Georgia vs. Albania - 29 February 2012 - Soccerway
- Shqipëria e nis mbarë, golat vijnë nga stoli time.al
- Albania vs. Iceland - 12 October 2012 - Soccerway
- Albania football team defeated Lithuania 4:1, 26 March 2013 EU-football.info
- Kombëtarja, lista për 2 ndeshjet e fundit - Top Channel
- Edgar Çani profile at Soccerway
- Edgar Çani | National Football Teams
- Edgar Çani - national football team player EU-Football.info
- Edgar Çani profile at Soccerway
- Edgar Çani - national football team player EU-Football.info
- Edgar Çani National Football Teams