||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013)|
March 4, 1907|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Died||June 20, 1964
Hollywood, California, U.S.
Cause of death
|Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery|
Edgar Barrier (March 4, 1907 – June 20, 1964) was an American actor who appeared on radio, stage, and screen. In the 1930s he was a member of Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre and was one of several actors who played Simon Templar on The Saint radio show. He also appeared in two films with Welles, Macbeth, and Journey into Fear. Barrier also appeared in the 1938 Welles-directed short, Too Much Johnson, which was long believed lost but was rediscovered in 2013.
- Mary of Scotland (1933) as Lord Douglas
- Idiot's Delight (1936) as Auguste
- The Magnificent Yankee (1946) as Mr. Justice Brandeis
- Too Much Johnson (1938)
- The Pride of the Yankees (1942)
- Eagle Squadron (1942)
- Phantom of the Opera (1943)
- We've Never Been Licked (1943)
- The Adventures of Smilin' Jack (1943 film serial)
- Flesh and Fantasy (1943) (first segment only)
- Cobra Woman (1944)
- Secrets of Scotland Yard (1944)
- A Game of Death (1945)
- Tarzan and the Leopard Woman (1946)
- Macbeth (1948), as Banquo, the only Shakespearean role he played on film
- To the Ends of the Earth (1948)
- The Secret of St. Ives (1949)
- Cyrano de Bergerac (1950), as Cardinal Richelieu, a role created for the film
- The Whip Hand (1951)
- Count the Hours (1953)
- The War of the Worlds (1953)
- The Giant Claw (1957)
- Snow White and the Three Stooges (1961)
- "Mercury Theater .. episodic log". Otrsite.com. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Edgar Barrier, Actor". Saint.org. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Macbeth (1948 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Journey into Fear (1943 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- TV.com. "Edgar Barrier". TV.com. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Edgar Barrier at the Internet Broadway Database
- The Saint.org profile
- Edgar Barrier at the Internet Movie Database
- Edgar Barrier's Horoscope at "Astrotheme" http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Edgar_Barrier
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|