|Full name||Edgar Shavarshi Malakyan|
|Date of birth||22 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Yerevan, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|2013||→ Dynamo České Budějovice (loan)||5||(0)|
|2013–||→ FC Banants (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 November 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Edgar Malakyan is a graduate of the football school Pyunik Yerevan. Since 2008, he fully performed as part of the main team, being in the player base. Framework for action aimed at creating Malakyan attacking waves at the opponent. Possesses good dribbling, and knows how to play with a partner and take it to a rendezvous with the keeper. The first match in Pyunik happened in 2007. It was the only appearance Malakyan had in the team that season, which he spent in the double play in the First League. In the away match of the five round championship in 2010, against Banants Yerevan, he spent his 50th match in Pyunik in the Armenian Premier League. In that year, with the team they won the triple awards, winning the 2010 Armenian Premier League, the 2010 Armenian Cup and the 2010 Armenian Supercup.
In June 2012, Malakyan had signed a three year contract with Viktoria Plzeň. Agents from Viktoria noticed Edgar's match of 2nd preliminary round of the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League season, in which Viktoria won over Pyunik 4:0 and 5:1, Edgar showed himself to play well.
In the first league game against Hradec Králové on 29 July 2012, in which Victoria won 3-0 at home, Malakyan got injured. In the 3rd round of the 2012–13 Czech Cup on 26 September 2012 in a match against Chomutov, Malakyan came in when the score was a losing 1:2 and sharpend the game, gave the assists, and Victoria won 3-2. On 8 November, for his debut in the UEFA Europa League against Hapoel Tel Aviv, Malakyan came out on the field for 46 minutes. The match ended in favour of the players from Victoria 4-0.
Malakyan debuted internationally on 1 August 2009 as part of the Armenia national football team in a friendly match against Moldova. He played in the first half, then was substituted by David Manoyan.
- Armenian Premier League (3): 2008, 2009, 2010
- Armenian Cup (2): 2009, 2010
- Armenian Supercup (1): 2010
- Armenian Supercup Runner-up (1): 2009
- Малакян перешел в \"Бананц\", fcbanants.am, Retrieved 2013-08-23 (Russian)
- Schulz, Ervín (13 June 2012). "Do Plzně přichází na testy arménský záložník Malakjan z Pjuniku (Armenian midfielder Malakian from Pyunik goes to Plzen for a trial)" (in Czech). IDNES.cz.
- "ARMENIA-MOLDOVA 1:4". armfootball.tripod.com. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Edgar Malakyan". armfootball.tripod.com. Retrieved 25 March 2013.