Edge Lane Metrolink station
Edge Lane Metrolink station in February 2013
Location of Edge Lane in Greater Manchester
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)
11 February 2013
|UK Trams portal|
Edge Lane Metrolink station is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. It opened on 11 February 2013., after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion, and is located at the junction of Manchester Road and Edge Lane, in Droylsden, Tameside, England.
Trams run along the East Manchester line westbound towards Manchester Piccadilly station before continuing through the city centre towards Bury, whilst eastbound trams run to Ashton-under-Lyne. Trams run every 12 minutes at peak times; at off-peak times, the service is reduced to every 15 minutes.
Connecting bus routes
Edge Lane is directly served by Stagecoach Manchester bus services 216 and 231, which stops next to the station on Manchester Road, with the 216 replicating the tram route between Piccadilly Gardens and Ashton-under-Lyne, while the 231 runs between Manchester and Ashton via Littlemoss and Smallshaw.
Stagecoach/JPT services 217 and 218, which also stops on Manchester Road, run circular routes between Manchester and Mossley serving Droylsden, Dukinfield, Ashton, Tameside General Hospital and Stalybridge.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden’s new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Metrolink - Edge Lane station". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- Emily Kent Smith (9 October 2013). "Metrolink tram service launches from Ashton-under-Lyne ... and it's on time". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Metrolink - East Manchester line". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Metrolink Pocket Guide Droylsden". Metrolink. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - Edge Lane". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|Bury – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||