Edge of Reality
|Industry||Computer and video games|
|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Key people||Binu Philip (President)
Rob Cohen (CEO and Co-Founder)
Mike Panoff (Vice President and Co-Founder)
|Website||Edge of Reality|
Edge of Reality is an American video game developer founded in 1998 and based in Austin, Texas that has developed video games for the Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox games consoles. It also has games in development for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games consoles. Edge of Reality is an independent developer and therefore can work with any publisher and for any system. The company has two development teams, one of which works on licenses and established franchises, and the other works on completely original games. The company only develops two games at a time, one with each studio, feeling that "anything more than that would jeopardize our focus, and therefore the quality of our studio".
Edge of Reality was founded in 1998 by Rob Cohen, the lead programmer of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter at Iguana Entertainment and Mike Panoff from Paradigm Entertainment. The company started by developing Nintendo 64 ports of successful games on other systems, including the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series. Following the stability provided by the success of the ports, the company then branched out into developing its own original games on multiple platforms, including Pitfall: The Lost Expedition and Loadout.
Currently, Edge of Reality is working on a new original title called Loadout. Loadout is a free-to-play, online third-person shooter where the player is able to build their own weapon from a multitude of part and payload options. The game was officially released on Valve's Steam platform on the 1st of February 2014.
- Monster Truck Madness 64 (Nintendo 64)
- Spider-Man (Nintendo 64)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Nintendo 64)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Nintendo 64)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Nintendo 64)
- The Sims (Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
- Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
- Shark Tale (Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
- Over the Hedge (Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008 video game) (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, PS2, Wii)
- Cipher Complex (on hold by Sega) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
- Dragon Age: Origins (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
- The Sims 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
- The Sims 3 Pets (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
- Mass Effect (PlayStation 3)
- Loadout (PC)
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U, 3DS)
- "One Week to Launch". Loadout.com. January 24, 2014. Retrieved January 25, 2014.