Edgewise is an hour-long television news magazine program that aired on MSNBC from 1996 to 1997. The show was hosted by John Hockenberry.
The show aired on Saturday evenings. In one notable episode with David Brinkley, the journalist was critical of President Bill Clinton. In July 1997, it was reported the show would be canceled. It ran until Labor Day of that year.
- ^ Carmody, John (July 12, 1996). The TV Column. Washington Post
- ^ Freeman, John (December 24, 1996). 'Edgewise' showcases the ever-sharp Hockenberry. San Diego Union - Tribune
- ^ Staff report (November 8, 1996). Clinton may skip Brinkley farewell: Newsman ripped president on air. The Washington Times
- ^ Winer, Linda (August 1, 1997). Limelight / Minus Hockenberry, MSNBC Will Lose Its Edge. Newsday
- ^ Gray, Ellen (August 29, 1997). Hockenberry playing out the string. Chicago Tribune
- ^ Heffernan, Virginia (August 1997). Anatomy of a cancellation: how MSNBC's Edgewise went over the edge. Salon.com
- ^ Bunn, Austin (July 22, 1997). MSNBC Pulls Plug on Edgewise. Wired