Location in Siskiyou County and the state of California
|• Total||1.021 sq mi (2.644 km2)|
|• Land||1.016 sq mi (2.632 km2)|
|• Water||0.005 sq mi (0.012 km2) 0.46%|
|Elevation||2,956 ft (901 m)|
|• Density||42/sq mi (16/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1658474|
Edgewood is a census-designated place (CDP) in Siskiyou County, California, United States. The population was 43 at the 2010 census, down from 67 at the 2000 census. Edgewood is located three miles north of the town of Weed.
Edgewood is located at .(41.461691, -122.427091)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2), 99.54% of it land and 0.46% of it water.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Edgewood had a population of 43. The population density was 42.1 people per square mile (16.3/km²). The racial makeup of Edgewood was 41 (95.3%) White, 0 (0.0%) African American, 0 (0.0%) Native American, 0 (0.0%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 1 (2.3%) from other races, and 1 (2.3%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2 persons (4.7%).
The Census reported that 43 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 18 households, out of which 5 (27.8%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 15 (83.3%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 0 (0%) had a female householder with no husband present, 0 (0%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 0 (0%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 0 (0%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 3 households (16.7%) were made up of individuals and 2 (11.1%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.39. There were 15 families (83.3% of all households); the average family size was 2.67.
The population was spread out with 9 people (20.9%) under the age of 18, 1 people (2.3%) aged 18 to 24, 5 people (11.6%) aged 25 to 44, 22 people (51.2%) aged 45 to 64, and 6 people (14.0%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 54.8 years. For every 100 females there were 79.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 78.9 males.
There were 19 housing units at an average density of 18.6 per square mile (7.2/km²), of which 16 (88.9%) were owner-occupied, and 2 (11.1%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 0%; the rental vacancy rate was 0%. 37 people (86.0% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 6 people (14.0%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 67 people, 25 households, and 19 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 69.9 people per square mile (26.9/km²). There were 25 housing units at an average density of 26.1 per square mile (10.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 88.06% White, 4.48% African American, 1.49% Native American, 1.49% Asian, and 4.48% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.46% of the population.
There were 25 households out of which 24.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.0% were married couples living together, 4.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.0% were non-families. 16.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 28.4% under the age of 18, 3.0% from 18 to 24, 19.4% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 20.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 108.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $50,750, and the median income for a family was $50,500. Males had a median income of $38,750 versus $35,000 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $32,172. There were 11.1% of families and 10.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including 6.3% of under eighteens and none of those over 64.
Butteville Elementary School is located within Edgewood. The school provides education for Pre-K through the 8th grade. Enrollment includes children from Lake Shastina and Weed, and totaled 210 students as of the Fall of 2012. Weed High School and College of the Siskiyous are a short distance away.
- U.S. Census
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.