|Full name||Edinburgh Eagles Rugby League Football Club|
|Ground(s)||Forrester High School, Edinburgh|
|Competition||Rugby League Conference Scotland Division.|
The Edinburgh Eagles club was founded in 1998 and was admitted to the Scottish Rugby League Conference (SRLC). The club has enjoyed success in the RLC and is the most successful Scottish team since the Conference was established, having won nine out of the last fifteen competitions including consecutive titles in 2001, 2002, 2003 in 2007, 2008, 2009 and again in 2011, 2012.
As a frequent winner of the RLC Scotland, the club has gained automatic entry to the Carnegie Challenge cup. Eagles progressed to the 2nd round for the first time in 2009, following a narrow victory in Wolverhampton over the Royal Air Force by 18 - 16. The 2010 competition saw Eagles progress to the second round once more, but the club was defeated by Welsh Champions Blackwood Bulldogs at Meggetland in Edinburgh.
Following the 2012 Grand Final win, Eagles qualified for the Quarter Finals of the Harry Jepson Trophy for the second year running. The club had a home draw against Gateshead Storm and won 36-20 to secure a place in the Semi Final, against Northampton Demons. This match ended in a 34-12 defeat. However, this was the second time a Scottish club had reached this stage of the competition, following Eagles first appearance at the same stage in 2011.
In 2011, the Andy Couser Memorial Trophy was presented for the first time to the Committee's Player of the Year and it was decided that the award would in future be made at the Edinburgh Eagles Club Annual Dinner.
In 2012 Eagles entered 2 senior teams in the RLC leagues for the first time. The 1st team played in the Central League and finished in first place, gaining a home play-off, while the 2nd team finished 2nd in the Northern League, with an away play-off.
|2012 Edinburgh Eagles|
|First team squad||Coaching staff|
Updated: 3 January 2012
|Nat||Staff Name||Position||Previous Club|
|Giles Lomax||President||Edinburgh Napier University|
|Ash Carroll||Head Coach||Haydock|
|Ollie Cruickshank||Manager||Edinburgh Napier University|
|Mike Wallace||Coach||Edinburgh Napier University|
|Neil Gibson||Strength & Conditioner|
|Ross Grady||Captain||Edinburgh Napier University|
Players earning international caps while at Edinburgh Eagles
The Eagles team has gained international recognition with several of its players being selected: Paddy Coupar, Giles Lomax, Nick Broere, Callum Cockburn, Craig Borthwick, David Lynn, Andrew Todd and John Cox have all come through the ranks of the Edinburgh Napier University Knights, Edinburgh Eagles and Scotland 'A' before going on to represent their country at full International level.
- Paddy Coupar won 9 caps for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles, 1 Try
- Callum Cockburn won 4 caps for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles, 1 Try
- John Cox won 3 caps for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles
- Andrew Todd won 2 caps for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles
- Dave Lynn won 2 cap for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles
- Giles Lomax won 1 cap for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles
- Nick Broere won 1 cap for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles
- Craig Borthwick won 1 cap for Scotland while at Edinburgh Eagles, 1 Try
- Dave Simm was called up to the Scotland Squad
- Thomas Murray was called up to the 2012 Scotland European Cup Squad
- Dave Vernon was called up to the 2012 Scotland European Cup Squad
- RLC Scotland Premier: 2011
- RLC Scotland Division: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012
- RLC Scottish Conference: 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003
- RLC Runners Up: 1998, 2000, 2004, 2010