|— Province of Turkey —|
|• Total||6,279 km2 (2,424 sq mi)|
|• Density||62/km2 ( 160/sq mi)|
|Per capita income||13,246 TL (29th; 2011)|
Edirne Province (Turkish: Edirne ili) is a province of Turkey, located in Eastern Thrace along the Greek and Bulgarian border. The city's wealth, population and importance increased after it was declared as the capital city of the Ottoman Empire. Edirne still maintains its importance under the Turkish Government.
It is named for its capital, Edirne.
Edirne province is divided into 9 districts (capital district in bold):
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "İşte Türkiye'nin en zengin illeri" [Here is the richest provinces of Turkey]. Kuzey Ekspres Gazetesi (in Turkish). 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Edirne Province|
|Wikisource has the text of a 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article about Edirne Province (Ottoman Empire).|
- Edirne governor's official website (Turkish)
- Edirne municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Pictures of the capital of this province with its many great mosques
- Edirne Weather Forecast Information
|This article about a Marmara Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|