Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David J. Burke|
|Produced by||Boaz Davidson
|Written by||David J. Burke|
LL Cool J
|Music by||Machine Head
H. Scott Salinas
|Edited by||Casey O. Rohrs|
Nu Image Films
Edison (also known as Edison Force in the United States), is a 2005 American thriller film written and directed by David J. Burke, starring Morgan Freeman, LL Cool J, Justin Timberlake, and Kevin Spacey.
In Edison, there is a force of corrupt cops called F.R.A.T, and the policemen who work for F.R.A.T are above the law. That is, until Joshua Pollack, an Edison journalist discovers a glitch in the system. Now, with the help of those who he trusts, he might be able to take F.R.A.T down.
- Morgan Freeman as Moses Ashford
- LL Cool J as Officer Raphael Deed
- Justin Timberlake as Joshua Pollack
- Kevin Spacey as Detective Levon Wallace
- Dylan McDermott as Sergeant Francis Lazerov
- John Heard as Captain Brian Tilman
- Cary Elwes as District Attorney Jack Reigert
- Damien Dante Wayans as Isaiah Charles
- Roselyn Sánchez as Maria
- Marco Sanchez as Reyes
- Piper Perabo as Willow Summerfield
- Françoise Yip as Crow
While the film was in production, some people speculated it was based upon the title of the film and the limited story details with corrupt officers that the film was based upon the New Jersey township of Edison, since the township's recent (as of that time) controversy involving its police force. Writer and film director David J. Burke claimed that the name "Edison" was derived from its common association with the inventor and business leader Thomas Edison, which led to thoughts of "electricity, power and industry."
The film was originally supposed to see a US release in the spring of 2005; however, due to its universal panning from critics after its screening at the Toronto Film Festival, its release to cinemas in the US and most other countries was cancelled. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the film, originally titled Edison, as Edison Force, direct–to–video on July 18, 2006. The film was released in theaters in Netherlands on March 12, 2006.
- Stax (December 3, 2003). "Movie Stars, Dirty Cops Found in Edison". IGN. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- XSSIV (December 3, 2003). "'Edison' cast includes Freeman, Spacey and LL Cool J". MovieWeb. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- "Edison Force". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved June 19, 2009.
- "The writing studio — The art of writing and making films — EDISON". Writing Studio. Retrieved July 12, 2009.
- "Edison Force (2005)". Amazon.com. Retrieved July 12, 2009.
- "Edison (Edison Force) (2005)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 7, 2014.