||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (August 2010)|
|Initial release||March 20, 1998|
|Stable release||3.80 (Build 961) / March 16, 2015|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Size||1.91 MB (installer)|
EditPlus is a text editor for the Microsoft Windows operating system, developed by Sangil Kim of ES-Computing. The editor contains tools for programmers, including syntax highlighting (and support for custom syntax files), file type conversions, line ending conversion (between Linux, Windows and Mac styles), regular expressions for search-and-replace, keystroke, spell check, full support for Unicode editing, customizable keyboard shortcuts, auto-completion, code folding, and more. Files can be browsed and edited in tabs, and an internal file browser is implemented in the software.
The "View in Browser" button is useful for editing HTML code and viewing the results immediately in the editor.
Some of its general features include:
- Tabbed document interface
- Spell checker (Spell checker doesn't distinguish between text and code)
- Supports text encoding formats such as Unicode, for international writing systems
- Find and replace over multiple documents
- Syntax highlighting and code folding
- Brace and indent highlighting
- Regular expression find and replace
- FTP Browser (plug-in included in standard installation)
- macro recording and execution.
- File status auto-detection
- Hex viewer
- Zen Coding
- Column selection
EditPlus has received favorable reviews on the Internet (for example ).