From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Edit count)
|Look up counter in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Counter may refer to:
- Counter, a prefix conveying the meaning "against":
- Countertop, a flat surface or worktop, possibly in a kitchen, shop, or other service
- Bar (counter), the countertop at which drinks are served in a bar
- Compter, a small jail
- Part of a ship's stern above the waterline that extends beyond the rudder stock (see nautical terms)
- The Counter, a global hamburger restaurant chain
Mathematics and computing
- Counter, an electronic device, mechanical device, or computer program for counting
- Jeton, a reckoning counter used on reckoning boards for calculations
- Tally counter, mechanical counting device
- Web counter, a counter that counts the number of visits to a web page
- COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources), a standard for reporting usage statistics of online resources
Games and sport
- Counter (board wargames), a playing piece used in board wargames
- Counter run, an offensive play in American football
- Counter turn, an element in figure skating
- Counter (collectible card games), a small item used to represent certain objects or conditions in a collectible card game
- Jones Counter, measures distance bicycles travel
- Counter-Strike, is a tactical first-person shooter video game.
Linguistics and typography
- Counter (typography), an enclosed space in a letter-form
- Measure word, in grammar and linguistics
- Japanese counter, in the Japanese language, a word used with numbers to count objects
- Nick Counter (1940–2009), American film and television executive
- All pages beginning with "counter"
- All pages with titles containing "counter"
- Opposition (politics)
- Count (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Counter.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.