|Founded in 2005
|General Manager:||Tracy Neumann|
The Edmonton Prospects are a collegiate summer baseball team based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. They play in the Western Major Baseball League. The team was founded in 2005 as the Edmonton Big River Prospects but moved to the Edmonton suburb of St. Albert after only one year over use of Telus Field with the Edmonton Cracker-Cats of the Northern League. They took a leave of absence from the WMBL for the 2008 season before returning in 2009 under their current name.
- "WMBL Adds Two New Teams!". Western Major Baseball League. February 2, 2005. Archived from the original on February 4, 2005. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Terry Jones (June 15, 2005). "Cat's out of the bag". Edmonton Sun. Canoe.ca. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Brian Swane (July 24, 2008). "Prospects find home at John Fry". Edmonton Examiner. Sun Media. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Dukes welcome back Prospects". Sherwood Park News. Sun Media. August 25, 2008. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Cam Tait (June 1, 2012). "Edmonton Prospects excited about move to Telus Field". Edmonton Journal. Postmedia Network. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
|This Alberta-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a baseball team in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|