January 25, 1917|
|Died||April 17, 2008
|Education||Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts|
|Known for||Oil Painting|
|Movement||Op Art Geometric Abstraction|
Edna Andrade graduated from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and University of Pennsylvania with a BFA. She first taught art in Norfolk, VA, then Tulane University and eventually spent thirty years teaching at The University of the Arts, where a scholarship is named for her. In 1996 she received the Distinguished Teaching of Art Award from the College Art Association.
Her work is in numerous collections including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Museum of Contemporary Art Buenos Aires, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, the Dallas Museum of Art, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and Baltimore Art Museum and the Delaware Art Museum. Her papers are held at the Archives of American Art.
- 1993 "Cool Waves and Hot Blocks: The Art of Edna Andrade," Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- 2003 "Edna Andrade, Optical Paintings: 1963-1988", Institute of Contemporary Art, Philadelphia
- 2006-2007 "Pop Art and Its Affinities" Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia 
- 2007 "Edna Andrade Optical Paintings, 1960-1966", Locks Gallery,
- 2007 "Optic Nerve: Perceptual Art of the 1960's" Columbus Museum of Art, OH 
- 2011 "Close at Hand," Fabric Workshop Museum, Philadelphia 
- 2012 "Color Motion: Edna Andrade Prints," The Print Center, Philadelphia 
- "Art Is Teaching, Teaching Is Art - Edna Andrade - Obit Magazine". Obit-mag.com. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- Amy S. Rosenberg (January 11, 2007). "An Op Art original Over the decades, Edna Andrade created stunning canvases of complex visual images. Now, a new swirl of attention is coming her way". The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- "Edna Andrade". Van Straaten Gallery. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art – Collections
- MACBA - Collections
- Edna Andrade Bio - Locks Gallery
- "Edna Andrade papers, 1917-1995". Archives of American Art. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Past Exhibitions > Edna Andrade: Optical Paintings, 1963-1986 - ICA - Institute of Contemporary Art - Philadelphia, PA". Icaphila.org. 2003-04-06. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- Locks Gallery (2007-02-24). "Edna Andrade: Optical Paintings, 1960-1966 : Selected Works". Locks Gallery. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- Close at Hand - FWM
- Print Center - 2012 Exhibitions
- Edna Andrade with her painting Nudes on a Beach., ca. 1949
- "Andrade gave soul to Op Art", Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Sozanski, April 17, 2009