Type of site
|Created by||Ishan Gupta|
|3,746 (as of September 2013)|
EduKart is the largest higher education enrollment platform in India. Indian and international course providers offer various programs such as MBA, Executive MBA, MCA, MSc IT, MA, MCom, BA, BCom BBA, BCA and BSc IT on the company's platform. These courses are available as distance learning and online courses and are offered by premium course providers. It also features industry relevant certificate courses in areas of retail, finance, telecom, digital marketing, programming languages, project management, and IT.
As a marketplace, the company offers 1000+ degree, diploma and certificate courses from recognized universities, institutions and industry bodies. The support staff is available for the candidates via phone and email to provide hassle free enrollment. The company offers courses from premium Indian and international course providers. There are some certifications which have been created by EduKart team along with some industry experts and are recognized by relevant industry bodies.
EduKart has partnerships with several universities, both national Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies – School for Continuing Education Bharathi Vidyapeeth, Indian School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies and international (Northwood University, London School of Business and Finance.  Concordia University Chicago. The degrees awarded by the Indian universities are recognized by the University Grants Commission and those awarded by the international universities hold the same value as the equivalent degrees earned in a traditional campus environment. The certificate course providers include Internet and Mobile Association of India, Computer Society of India, Retailers Association of India, Vskills (Govt. of India), Enhelion, GIIP and more.
EduKart also provides subsequent placement assistance through its job portal on the website.
The idea of EduKart was developed by the founders starting from a perceived necessity to bring more flexibility into the Indian education system. EduKart was started by Ishan Gupta along with Mayank Gupta in 2011 with the purpose of creating a platform for bridging the gap between aspirants and course providers. Ishan is an alumnus Stanford, published author and has worked in companies like Facebook, and One97 Communications Ltd. Mayank Gupta is an alumnus of IIM Kozhikode and has worked in companies like Bank of America and Educomp. The company was incorporated in April 2011 and EduKart was launched in November of the same year Mayank left the company in 2014 to pursue other opportunities.
In May 2013, EduKart secured $500,000 in funding from a consortium of early-stage institutional and angel investors. The group includes Kima Ventures, Amit Patni and Arihant Patni, AKM Systems (Shiven Malhotra), Vibhor Mehra, Vijay Shekhar Sharma and alumni from Stanford University. The funding would be used to accelerate EduKart’s growth, launch new courses in partnership with both Indian and international institutions, and strengthen its offline footprint
- "EduKart.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Best Higher Education Platform: EduKart". Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Indian Education goes global as EduKart launches international degrees". 2013-06-09. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "EduKart.com and Computer Society of India launch Online Certificate Courses in Programming Languages". 2013-02-28. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "EduKart.com, Retail Assoc launch mgt courses online". Business Standard. 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "EduKart And AIWMI Launch Certificate Course In Financial Management". 2013-04-05. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "EduKart Partners with Vskills to Promote Government Certifications".
- Jubin Mehta (2013-02-13). "Online education startup EduKart opens 25 franchisees to accelerate growth". Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "Being in Koramangala got us visibility in right circles: Ishan Gupta, CEO, Edukart". The Economic Times. 2013-09-09. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- Robin Wauters (2013-05-30). "EduKart raises $500,000 to make waves in India’s online education market". The Next Web. Retrieved 2013-09-16.