|Full name||Eduardo Luis Abonízio de Souza|
|Date of birth||18 May 1981|
|Place of birth||Dracena, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2002–2003||→ Olympiacos (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Eduardo Luis Abonízio de Souza, better known as Edu Dracena (born 18 May 1981 in Dracena) is a Brazilian footballer who plays as a central defender for Campeonato Brasileiro Série A club Santos. Dracena also holds Italian citizenship.
Dracena made his debut with Guarani against Matonense, in 1999.
After a couple of months turned back to Guarani, Dracena was transferred to Cruzeiro in 2003. There he won the Brazilian League and Brazilian Cup. Dracena continued to win. In 2004, the club won the Mineiro Championship. However, Dracena's playing time was reduced in 2005, as Dracena had a surgery due to an injury, which led to Dracena being out for 7 months. In 2006, Dracena was awarded the captain armband and won the Mineiro Championship.
In August 2006, Dracena transferred to Fenerbahçe for an undisclosed fee. On 19 May 2007, he scored Fenerbahçe's 500th goal against rivals Galatasaray. His contract with Fenerbahçe was frozen for 6 months due to his injury since April 2009.
On 16 September 2009 the former defender of Fenerbahçe, the Brazilian has signed a three-year-deal with Santos FC, reaching three Paulistas (State Championship) in 2010 2011 and 2012, Copa do Brasil 2010 (Dracena scored in the final game) and Copa Libertadores da América 2011.
Dracena played for the Brazil U-20 team in 2001, participated in the 2001 U-20 World Cup. He was also a member of Brazil U-23 team that failed to win the 2004 Pre-Olympic Tournament and hence failed to qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics.
Four years later, Dracena was called up to play a friendly match against United States and Mexico on 9 and 12 September 2007. He played 45 minutes as a substitute against United States, which marked his first international cap, followed by a place in the starting line-up against Mexico.
- (Correct as of November 16, 2013[update])
|Club||Season||State League||National League||National Cup||Continental1||Other2||Total|
- São Paulo Youth Cup: 1 (1994)
- Copa Zico de Futebol Juvenil: 1 (1998)
- Copa Toyota de Futebol Juvenil: 2 (2001, 2002) (disputed in Japan)
- "Biography at". Transfermarkt.de. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "İyileşemeyen Edu'nun sözleşmesi feshedilebilir". Habertek.net. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Santos contrata zagueiro Edu Dracena". Esportes.terra.com.br. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- USA 2 – Brazil 4 Official USSoccer Site
- Edu é titular e Brasil ganha de 3 a 1 Fenerbahçe Official Web Site
- (English) Sambafoot profile
- (Portuguese) Official website
- (English) Biography at fenerbahce.org
- (Turkish) Profil at fenerbahce.org
- (Turkish) Profil at TFF.org
- (German) Profil at transfermarkt.de
- Edu Dracena at National-Football-Teams.com