||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
September 25, 1958 |
Mexico City, Mexico
|Spouse(s)||Norma Adriana Garcia (1987-1990), Francesca Cruz (1996-2003)|
Eduardo Yáñez (Spanish pronunciation: [eðuˈarðo ˈʝaɲes]; born September 25, 1958) is a Mexican television and film actor.
As a child, his dream was to become a professional football player, but one day he witnessed a play rehearsal from Vocacional No.1 and he liked it. He asked for an opportunity and they gave it to him. At first he saw it as a possibility to make more money, but little by little he liked it more and more and decided to go to Televisa for a greater opportunity. Producer Ernesto Alonso saw his potential and gave him his first role in the soap opera "Quiereme Mucho". Yáñez played the role of "Carlos" alongside the actress Victoria Ruffo. His natural style and strong physical appearance won the hearts of the audience.
Yáñez married his first wife, Norma Adriana Garcia, in 1987. They had a son named Eduardo Yáñez Jr. They were divorced three years later.
In 1991, Yáñez moved to the United States where he worked on two soap operas for Capital Vision, "Marielena" and "Guadalupe".
Later he worked in Hollywood, on movies such as Striptease, Wild Things, and Megiddo. His most recent American movie was The Punisher. He has also worked in television series such as Savannah and Soldier of Fortune. He most recently worked in Sleeper Cell and Cold Case.
In 1996, Yáñez married Francesca Cruz, a Cuban-American, he met in Miami. They lived between Los Angeles and Miami. In January 2003 they filed for divorce.
In 2005, after a long absence, Yáñez returned to Mexico and appeared in a soap opera named "La Verdad Oculta".
In 2008, he starred in Fuego En La Sangr, a new version of the Colombian telenovela Pasión de Gavilanes, in which he plays the role of Juan Reyes Franco's older brother (Pablo Montero) and Oscar (Jorge Salinas).
In 2009 she starred in the soap opera Corazon Salvaje with Aracely Arambula produced by Salvador Mejia to Televisa.
In 2011 he appeared as a Venezuelan politician in an episode of the second season of NCIS: Los Angeles.
In 2012, Eduardo came back to Televisa to star in the telenovela Amores verdaderos (telenovela), in which he plays the role of Jose Angel Arriaga.
He has appeared in 8 theatrical plays, 13 soap operas, 31 movies (of which 8 are in English) and is still working on projects in Hollywood.
- 2012: Amores verdaderos (telenovela) as Jose Angel Arriaga
- 2011: NCIS: Los Angeles as Antonio Medina (episode Enemy Within)
- 2009: Corazón Salvaje as Juan del Diablo
- 2008: Fuego En La Sangre as Juan Reyes
- 2007: Destilando Amor as Rodrigo Montalvo Santos
- 2006: La Verdad Oculta .... Juan José Victoria Ocampo
- 2003: Te amaré en silencio .... as Camilo / El Lobo
- 2002: CSI: Miami .... Colombian Interrogator "A Horrible Mind".... Colombian Interrogator
- 1994: Guadalupe .... Alfredo Robinson
- 1992: Marielena .... Luis Felipe Sandoval
- 1991: En carne propia .... Leonardo Rivadeneyra
- 1990: Yo compro esa mujer .... Aldama
- 1989: Dulce desafío .... Enrique Toledo
- 1987: Senda de gloria .... Manuel Fortuna
- 1985: Cartas de amor
- 1984: La muerte cruzó el río Bravo .... Fernando
- 1984: El amor nunca muere .... Alfonso
- 1984: Tú eres mi destino .... Fabián
- 1983: El maleficio .... Diego
- 1982: Quiéreme siempre .... Carlos
- 2006: All You've Got .... Javier Espinoza ... aka Rumble (USA: video title)
- 2006: Hot Tamale .... Sammy
- 2005: Cold Case .... Felix Darosa "Frank's Best"
- 2005: Sleeper Cell .... Felix Ortiz "Money"
- 2004: Man on Fire .... Bodyguard 2A
- 2004: The Punisher .... Mike Toro
- 2001: Megiddo: The Omega Code 2 .... Gen. Garcia
- 2000: Knockout[disambiguation needed] (2000–2001) .... Mario Rodrigues
- 1999: Held Up .... Rodrigo
- 1999: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Movie .... Valdez
- 1998: Wild Things ... Frankie Condo
- 1997: Soldier of Fortune, Inc. .... Miguel Peralta "Collateral Damage"
- 1996: Miami Hustle .... Jose ... aka "Hello, She Lied"
- 1996: Striptease .... Chico
- 1996: Savannah (TV series) .... Benny Serna
- 1996: Robin Goodfellow .... Diego
- 1995: Ocho malditos
- 1994: Gladiadores del infierno
- 1991: Operativo de alto riesgo
- 1991: Golpe brutal
- 1991: Polvo de muerte
- 1990: Carrera contra la muerte .... Fabian Albarran
- 1989: Operación asesinato
- 1988: Bancazo en Los Mochis
- 1988: Panico en la carretera
- 1988: Contrabando, amor y muerte
- 1987: Asesinato en la plaza Garibaldi
- 1987: Hombres de arena
- 1987: Dias de matanza
- 1986: Yako, cazador de malditos .... José Luis/Yako
- 1986: El maleficio II .... Profesor Andrés
- 1985: Contrato con la muerte
- 1985: Narco terror
- 1985: Enemigos a muerte .... Jorge "Triángulo de muerte"
- Eduardo Yáñez Biography