Eduardo de Zulueta y Dato
Born in Paris, son of Ernesto de Zulueta e Isasi, of the Marquesses of Álava Viscounts of Casa Blanca (Bilbao, 26 April 1892 - Madrid, 9 September 1969) and wife (m. Paris, 25 April 1922) María de la Concepción Dato y Barrenechea, of the Dukes of Dato (Madrid, 2 May 1890 - Madrid, 16 September 1973).
He is a Licentiate in Law and a Diplomat. He was Ambassador of Spain in Luxembourg and Algeria, Permanent Observer Ambassador of Spain to the Organization of American States in Washington, D.C., Director-General of Eclesiastical Affairs at the Ministry of Justice, Chief of Protocol of the International Exposition of Seville, Director of International Affairs of the Instituto Cervantes, etc., and was created Grand Cross of the Order of St. Raymond of Peñafort and the Order of St. Sylvester of the Holy See, Commander of the Order of Civil Merit of Spain and the Order of Isabel the Catholic and Knight of the Order of Charles III.
Marriage and children
He married in Stockholm on 26 June 1957 Renata Maria Theresia Alice Elisabeth Prinzessin von Altenburg (b. Castle of Saysbusch (Żywiec), Galicia, 13 April 1931 -), daughter of Archduke Karl Albrecht of Austria and morganatic wife Alice Elisabeth Ankarcrona, Prinzessin von Altenburg, and had issue:
- Eduardo Carlos Ramón Maria de Zulueta y Habsburgo-Lorena (b. New York, New York, 19 October 1958 -), married firstly in Santillana del Mar on 4 July 1987 and divorced in 1999 Ana Iturralde y ... (b. Madrid, 17 December 1961 -), and had two children, and married secondly in New York, New York, on 26 June 2006 Victoria López y Granados, with one daughter Elia Bouët López (Paris 6 July 1995):
- Ernesto María Jaime Antonio de Zulueta y Habsburgo-Lorena (b. New York, New York, 7 July 1961 -), married in Sudbury, Ontario, 25 July 1987 Adriana de la Riva (b. Ottawa, Ontario, 31 December 1960 -), and had two children:
- Isabel de Zulueta y Habsburgo-Lorena (b. Madrid, 7 March 1965 -), married in Madrid on 16 May 1990 João Pedro Alcobia da Luz (b. Lisbon, 15 March 1960 -), an Engineer, son of Nuno Alberto Bernardo da Luz (b. Lisbon, Camões (Coração de Jesus), 4 March 1931 -) and wife (m. Lisbon, São Mamede, 3 October 1956) and wife Maria Paula de Horta Alcobia (b. Lisbon, Camões (Coração de Jesus), 12 May 1936 -), of some Bourgeoisie and of distant Nobility descent, and had three children:
- Jaime de Zulueta y Habsburgo-Lorena (Rome, 18 June 1970 - Luxembourg, 15 February 1988)
- Ribera, José António Moya, Costados, N.º 81
- Imperial House of Austria